Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 09:20 AM

17,280 posts, read 22,006,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
Regarding the units selling for around $20,000 range, you have to keep in mind that those are usually units that need LOTS of renovating...After my father passed, i realized that in order to get the normal going price range for the unit (say around $45,000 to $50,000) i would have to put quite a lot of money into it...Things can really deteriorate after so many years...
When his unit is done, it will be MOVE IN READY with no work needed...I doubt if that would be the case with those $20,000 range units you see advertised...People selling those units for that low a price figure they need to make it attractive enough to buy "as is" realizing that the buyer will have lots of work and $ to be spent to get it ready for their move in...
Whoever buys my dads apartment when i have it ready for sale, will be essentially getting a BRAND NEW APARTMENT...
So if you dump 15K into a 20K unit and sell for 35K......How much did you make?

Better yet, dump 25K into a 20K unit and sell for 30K.....Did you do better?

Glad your dad's place will be nice, good luck with the sale as the comps and lack of mortgage availability might hinder the sale at a price you will want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 08:44 PM

238 posts, read 575,981 times
Wasn't going to add any more comments, but just one more (@city guy of course)...I did it to greatly increase the sale-ability factor...If i was a potential buyer...if my choice was between a 2 bedroom fixer upper for say $25,000 and a completely renovated brand-new like and ready to move into apt, and it was between $45,000 and $50,000...well i think most would go for that...

Sure, they would save some money doing it themselves....but look at all the work involved...getting contractors to do the work, a million trips back and forth to keep tabs that the work is getting done right, etc etc...is a real pain in the rear...

And yes, actually i won't make a lot out of the deal after all i had to put into it, but i wanted to have better odds of a quick sale...rather then having it sit for a long time...
And thanks for the good wishes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach