Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 03:19 PM

63 posts, read 91,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I lived in Boca for many years until recently when I took a job in Miami and let me tell you...Boca traffic is NOTHING compared to Miami traffic. I would beg for traffic in Miami to be like Boca. I really dont think traffic in Boca is "relentless" and heavy. lol. It's pretty tame. Yes, it's heavy at rush hour on glades rd, but I mean that's it IMO. Yamato traffic is never bad. Palmetto Park Rd isn't bad either. I dont find military or powerline to be over congested either. Camino? No problem.... where in Boca is traffic so bad?
Glades Road near 95 is bad but like you said it is nothing compared to Miami.

I had to commute from West Palm to Davie and it took me only 30 minutes to get to Boca and another hour and a half to get to the 595 exit as traffic would back up from Palmetto to who knows how far into Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 08:28 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
Quote:
I lived in Boca for many years until recently when I took a job in Miami and let me tell you...Boca traffic is NOTHING compared to Miami traffic. I would beg for traffic in Miami to be like Boca. I really dont think traffic in Boca is "relentless" and heavy. lol. It's pretty tame. Yes, it's heavy at rush hour on glades rd, but I mean that's it IMO. Yamato traffic is never bad. Palmetto Park Rd isn't bad either. I dont find military or powerline to be over congested either. Camino? No problem.... where in Boca is traffic so bad?
I never said it was as bad as Miami, but it's getting worse...when was the last time you been to Boca?

I have been down in Boca for the past 2 days meeting with clients and was also in Miami and Broward for a day last week, I'm going back to CA this weekend as my monthly visit is coming to a end.

Name a road, they are all backed up during rush hour and during the rest of the day it's still heavy non-stop traffic.

Palmetto is the worst road during the PM rush hour, from Federal to 441, gridlock at the lights and heavy nonstop traffic .

Glades, also bad and near 95 and Whole Foods can be nasty. The turnpike northbound right turn lane is always backed up at PM rush hour.

Clint Moore and Yamato, not so bad but in the AM the school zones cause some gridlock.

When I use to live in Wellington, I would take 441 to either Clint Moore, Yamato or Glades and go all the way east to Federal, it would take me upwards of 1 hour when school was in session along with season, that was around 30 miles one way. Turnpike wasn't bad from my old office in PBG, but from home it was a joke with traffic on Lake Worth.

PBC is changing, I moved to CA last spring, but I still come back here once a month for business, even my old stomping grounds I noticed more heavy traffic, 441 during rush hour is almost always heavy traffic even with the turnpike and 95, a lot of people use it.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
Glades Road near 95 is bad but like you said it is nothing compared to Miami.

I had to commute from West Palm to Davie and it took me only 30 minutes to get to Boca and another hour and a half to get to the 595 exit as traffic would back up from Palmetto to who knows how far into Miami.
I took 95 from Boca near Glades to Dania Beach last week and it took me nearly 1 hour during rush hour to go 25 miles.

Point is, traffic in Boca is getting progressively worse, what you see in Miami is slowly spreading north, has been for years. I saw it living in Wellington since the early 90's, 441 was a 2 lane country road, no cars and no street lights, I would drive out there and see nobody. I also remember Forest Hill Blvd. past the turnpike, was no man's land as late as 2000, no cars...now it's 6 lanes and very heavy traffic, 441 even more so at rush hour. Population increase is the reason.

Boca has no 595, not Southern Blvd Expressway, nothing to alleviate traffic where every road is a highway.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:36 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
I never said it was as bad as Miami, but it's getting worse...when was the last time you been to Boca?

I have been down in Boca for the past 2 days meeting with clients and was also in Miami and Broward for a day last week, I'm going back to CA this weekend as my monthly visit is coming to a end.

Name a road, they are all backed up during rush hour and during the rest of the day it's still heavy non-stop traffic.

Palmetto is the worst road during the PM rush hour, from Federal to 441, gridlock at the lights and heavy nonstop traffic .

Glades, also bad and near 95 and Whole Foods can be nasty. The turnpike northbound right turn lane is always backed up at PM rush hour.

Clint Moore and Yamato, not so bad but in the AM the school zones cause some gridlock.

When I use to live in Wellington, I would take 441 to either Clint Moore, Yamato or Glades and go all the way east to Federal, it would take me upwards of 1 hour when school was in session along with season, that was around 30 miles one way. Turnpike wasn't bad from my old office in PBG, but from home it was a joke with traffic on Lake Worth.

PBC is changing, I moved to CA last spring, but I still come back here once a month for business, even my old stomping grounds I noticed more heavy traffic, 441 during rush hour is almost always heavy traffic even with the turnpike and 95, a lot of people use it.
I moved from Boca (lived off palmetto and powerline) in 2014...
Last time I've been back was three weeks ago for a conference at Lynn University.
I get to boca prob 5 or 6 times a year now for various reasons (my dentist is still there, friends, etc)

While I agree traffic on glades at rush hour can be a bit tough, it's still not THAT BAD IMO. It moves.
I mean we are talking about rush hour here, so of course there will be heavy traffic, hence the reason we call it rush hour, but it's not an all day event like Miami. Traffic on Boca/souther PBC is pretty decent. Of course rush hour one will encounter heavy traffic, but what metro area doesn't have that?...

idk, I guess bad traffic can be relative. I just don't think it's that bad since moving to Miami where I sit on Kendall dr and US1 much longer than I ever have on Glades or Palmetto... Even to get to the beaches is easier in boca... no major causeways, never any back ups getting there like in Miami where one has to cross a causeway perpetually backed up.... granted, Miami is a much larger city, but it puts boca traffic in perspective at least.... and it ain't that bad IMO

I actually find myself some days wishing traffic in Miami would be as dream-like as Boca area.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I moved from Boca (lived off palmetto and powerline) in 2014...
Last time I've been back was three weeks ago for a conference at Lynn University.
I get to boca prob 5 or 6 times a year now for various reasons (my dentist is still there, friends, etc)

While I agree traffic on glades at rush hour can be a bit tough, it's still not THAT BAD IMO. It moves.
I mean we are talking about rush hour here, so of course there will be heavy traffic, hence the reason we call it rush hour, but it's not an all day event like Miami. Traffic on Boca/souther PBC is pretty decent. Of course rush hour one will encounter heavy traffic, but what metro area doesn't have that?...

idk, I guess bad traffic can be relative. I just don't think it's that bad since moving to Miami where I sit on Kendall dr and US1 much longer than I ever have on Glades or Palmetto... Even to get to the beaches is easier in boca... no major causeways, never any back ups getting there like in Miami where one has to cross a causeway perpetually backed up.... granted, Miami is a much larger city, but it puts boca traffic in perspective at least.... and it ain't that bad IMO

I actually find myself some days wishing traffic in Miami would be as dream-like as Boca area.
It moves, but it's often at a crawl during rush hour, I'm comparing traffic 10 to 20 years ago +...441, the population is increasing and there is no east to west expressway in Boca to make getting east to west and vice versa easier, one is stuck dealing with the multitude of traffic lights and school zones to get to East Boca from as far west as 441.

Miami is noted for bad traffic, but what you see there will be more prevalent as the population increases in PBC, Broward is a good example of that, as more people move further west in PBC, commuting will be a fact of life since all the jobs will be east.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:59 PM

18 posts, read 17,827 times
For every new person that moves in an older person dies.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernw3h View Post
For every new person that moves in an older person dies.
If that was the case, traffic would have never changed in the past 15 years.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:26 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Growth of jobs, not so much...growth of people who do not need to work, guaranteed.

Traffic woes, guaranteed...traffic is getting progressively worse here each year, one scene of construction in PBC, is the new I-95 interchange at FAU which is a few years away from being completed. It will not help alleve traffic in Boca though, which is relentless and heavy no matter what road you take.

They already predicted some roadways in PBC will be gridlocked in time, commute times are already becoming longer.

Can Palm Beach County have growth without gridlock? Two math problems. | The Opinion Zone
Generally speaking, population growth leads to job growth (service jobs) but not necessarily manufacturing jobs. SO, what you are saying is the influx of people will create some jobs, but not tremendous job growth like a New Tesla Plant, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach