Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 01:45 PM

110 posts, read 173,993 times

Advertisements

Here is my 5 cents. I'd lease/rent for 1-3 months - may be in Abacoa, PBG - and then decide. If you are coming in after the season (May, June, ..) the short term rentals are much less expensive since most of the snow birds are gone. It really may not be a cake walk to find a house in that price range but it is possible. If you'd like to be in the HOA your monthly expenses will most likely go up. Avoid flood zones. Also, check realtor.com for the suggested areas and if you like something ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 05:22 PM

96 posts, read 188,350 times
I have been working with couples in the Jupiter/Tequesta area for the past year. The rental market is extremely tight and pricey. Homes in the 250k - 300k are scarce, almost non-existent. You may find a condo or a small townhouse. I am assuming you need at least 3 bedrooms. If you don't mind a little be more of a commute let (maybe 35-40 minutes from Palm Beach Gardens) I suggest Palm City. It's a lovely little town with great communities with Martin County taxes and A-rated schools. It's right off the turnpike and I95 so commuting there is a breeze.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:32 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,166,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini23nj View Post
I agree with the other posters regarding Loxahatchee and the northern areas of Tequesta/Jupiter. I actually love the Tequesta Jupiter area myself, but I work in the Ft. Lauderdale area, so any further north for me isn't an option. The further south you get, the pricier homes are in my opinion. I am purchasing in Lake Clarke Shores (southern part of WPB). Safe area outside of a gated community, and proximity to the beach and 95/turnpike were my drivers. I have heard the schools are good in this area too, but my children are all grown up. Good luck!
also liking TEquesta , but the commute over the bridge (?) seems daunting. Those who live there or work in west palm, is it really not that bad? thank you.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:29 AM

17,316 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Working in Palm Beach Gardens with $250k budget. Loxahatchee is such an obvious choice it's not even funny. It's incredibly safe, great schools, you would get a 3/2 house easily and a 1.25 acre lot to boot. I have several family members and even more friends who live there. There is a reason so many cops and firefighters are in the Acreage. It's cheap, super family oriented, and safe. To the original poster, if you aren't familiar with the area, it's the large area with all acre properties just south of Northlake to the west of the Turnpike.

It's a lot closer than Wellington, too.
super cheap for a reason......dirt roads, well water, septic and soon to have huge traffic with 10,000 new homes being built out there (Minto/Northlake projects).

Old 03-07-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyankee03 View Post
I am looking into relocating to Florida. My spouse would be working in the Palm Beach Gardens area, so looking for a commute of less than 30 minutes. Not sure in what area I would be working. Safety of area and good school is first priority - middle school with high school quickly approaching.
Looking at houses in 250K range, could go a bit higher if needed.
Any suggestions as to what areas would ne safest with good school??
In PBG/Jupiter you will not be amazed at what you get for 250K, even 350K isn't awesome.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:13 AM

623 posts, read 966,332 times
The houses in Jupiter that are 250-300 K are in high demand and they are getting harder to find and if you find one you better act fast.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:47 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
super cheap for a reason......dirt roads, well water, septic and soon to have huge traffic with 10,000 new homes being built out there (Minto/Northlake projects).
Yet I would easily rate it as one of the happiest areas in South Florida. Everyone there absolutely loves it. I have plenty of friends and family who left Broward for Lox and they all swear by it.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Yet I would easily rate it as one of the happiest areas in South Florida. Everyone there absolutely loves it. I have plenty of friends and family who left Broward for Lox and they all swear by it.
I have 3 friends that bought out there......all 3 loved and now hate it.

They don't like the crime (non-sense property crimes, not violent crime), they hate the traffic/new development coming and the poor resale values really killed their love of the area. The expanding immigrant population is annoying also. People living 10+ in a 3 bedroom house with 8 cars in the driveway. One of my friends has a Haitian neighbor who strips wrecked cars in his yard. After about the 10th car it started to look like a real junkyard. The county has gotten on the guy but he now just covers the cars with tarps.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:23 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I have 3 friends that bought out there......all 3 loved and now hate it.

They don't like the crime (non-sense property crimes, not violent crime), they hate the traffic/new development coming and the poor resale values really killed their love of the area. The expanding immigrant population is annoying also. People living 10+ in a 3 bedroom house with 8 cars in the driveway. One of my friends has a Haitian neighbor who strips wrecked cars in his yard. After about the 10th car it started to look like a real junkyard. The county has gotten on the guy but he now just covers the cars with tarps.
It's non-HOA, that stuff happens. None of my friends or family have that issue next to them. Nor would they particularly care.

EVERYONE hates Minto West, but it just is what it is. It's a long way from being built so it's silly to hate the area over a non-existent development..... a development that might actually not be that bad and bring new services and things to do.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:37 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,166,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
The houses in Jupiter that are 250-300 K are in high demand and they are getting harder to find and if you find one you better act fast.

Been searching, cannot find one decent home in Jupiter under 300k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach