Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 12:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,514 times

Advertisements

We are looking to relocate to FL recently and I have a job in Jupiter-WPB area. Am willing to commute 40-45 minutes and am scouting the area around to look at best schools in the area (private/magnet/public).

Middle schools are a top priority for us as my son will go into 7th grade in August (younger one will go to 3rd grade). Ability to mix in, nurturing and a top notch academic/arts environment is definite must- as far as school environments go.
At the same time we know we cannot afford the top private schools like Heritage or Pine Crest but looking at some others like Jupiter Christian.

What are the best areas for relocating to where I have a good choice of private/public schools? Any recent great experiences with public/private schools for newcomers (in these areas) will also help me out greatly. Ive heard scary stories of bulling etc. at most public schools so finding it very hard to zero down on which areas to focus on.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 12:57 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,450,618 times
What is your housing budget?

Old 03-21-2017, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,514 times
500-700k

Old 03-21-2017, 11:52 PM

782 posts, read 759,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhush View Post
We are looking to relocate to FL recently and I have a job in Jupiter-WPB area. Am willing to commute 40-45 minutes and am scouting the area around to look at best schools in the area (private/magnet/public).

Middle schools are a top priority for us as my son will go into 7th grade in August (younger one will go to 3rd grade). Ability to mix in, nurturing and a top notch academic/arts environment is definite must- as far as school environments go.
At the same time we know we cannot afford the top private schools like Heritage or Pine Crest but looking at some others like Jupiter Christian.

What are the best areas for relocating to where I have a good choice of private/public schools? Any recent great experiences with public/private schools for newcomers (in these areas) will also help me out greatly. Ive heard scary stories of bulling etc. at most public schools so finding it very hard to zero down on which areas to focus on.
Thanks!
Depends where you are going to be working, because odds are like most people in SoFla you will be dropping your kid off and causing major traffic jams in the process. Nobody seems to allow their kids to walk to school, ride a bike or take the bus in SoFla on average from my experience, closer to the not so affluent parts you will see kids walking.

Also might want to rethink that whole "Commute" thing, it's not fun driving around during rush hour with the heavy traffic and high % of bad drivers.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:04 AM

566 posts, read 573,661 times
Following. My husband has a job prospect in Palm Beach Gardens and we have an incoming 6th grader and new younger kids in elementary.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:20 AM

428 posts, read 416,095 times
If I were you, just look in Jupiter, or Wellington (which is becoming more and more popular every year- and has very good schools). Both are good for families... Of course Wellington will be a little farther from the beach, but you can still make it there for the afternoon easily. There is no reason to move south if you can afford to be on the north end of Palm Beach County. Florida traffic is a pain... Why add time to your drive by living father south? We lived in Boca, and the schools are great but I wouldn't bother living that far away when good schools are right in Jupiter and Wellington.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:35 PM

174 posts, read 207,318 times
Jupiter is so so nice and elegant. Great town filled with happy children

Old 04-05-2017, 07:30 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamika929 View Post
Jupiter is so so nice and elegant. Great town filled with happy children
Except for the triple murder on Superbowl Sunday......no one was over 24 yrs old.

Jupiter has some growing pains to deal with...

Old 04-05-2017, 08:24 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Except for the triple murder on Superbowl Sunday......no one was over 24 yrs old.

Jupiter has some growing pains to deal with...
Jupiter's far from perfect.
However, the triple murder was far from anything random and one of the people living in the house admitted to dealing drugs and guns...obviously surrounding himself with bottom feeder losers... I'm sure it'll all tie together eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach