Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 08:25 PM

628 posts, read 815,447 times

Advertisements

I was living on the West Coast, and liked the mild climate and not hot summers. I'm currently working on a project in Dallas-Fort Worth and hate the 8 months of hot humid weather. March-October you can count on most days being over 80 degrees. Isn't Boca Raton just as bad, or is being near the coast make it "feel" cooler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 09:00 PM

216 posts, read 270,853 times
June-until mid October are brutal pretty much anywhere in Florida. What wears on you the most are the humid/gross nights we get in the summer between the insane humidity and thunderstorms. Rest of the year it is typically nice though.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:21 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,224,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrishawke View Post
I was living on the West Coast, and liked the mild climate and not hot summers. I'm currently working on a project in Dallas-Fort Worth and hate the 8 months of hot humid weather. March-October you can count on most days being over 80 degrees. Isn't Boca Raton just as bad, or is being near the coast make it "feel" cooler?
I would say 10 years ago, it would have been ok. It was only really hot and humid from July to end of September--mid-October. Twenty years ago, it started getting really cool in October (I specifically remember because I had a car that wouldn't run well when it was cold and it started giving me trouble in October in Miami). I also remember wearing a winter coat in in South Beach in December in 1996. In the 1970s, there was even frost on the ground.

Anyone who doesn't believe in global warming would if you compare the seasons 20 or even 10 years ago to now. I haven't needed a coat or sweater down here for the last three winters.

We literally had no winter this year. It was hot and fairly humid until mid-November, and it is already now in the high 80s and humid (with a few days here and there that are a little dryer). April, May and June used to be really nice. Warm, but still dry and breezy almost til the end of June. It already feels like summer. I don't think you would like it much if you don't care for heat and humidity (and I'm on the east coast). I love the heat, but this year round Florida summer deal is getting old.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:43 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,422,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I would say 10 years ago, it would have been ok. It was only really hot and humid from July to end of September--mid-October. Twenty years ago, it started getting really cool in October (I specifically remember because I had a car that wouldn't run well when it was cold and it started giving me trouble in October in Miami). I also remember wearing a winter coat in in South Beach in December in 1996. In the 1970s, there was even frost on the ground.

Anyone who doesn't believe in global warming would if you compare the seasons 20 or even 10 years ago to now. I haven't needed a coat or sweater down here for the last three winters.

We literally had no winter this year. It was hot and fairly humid until mid-November, and it is already now in the high 80s and humid (with a few days here and there that are a little dryer). April, May and June used to be really nice. Warm, but still dry and breezy almost til the end of June. It already feels like summer. I don't think you would like it much if you don't care for heat and humidity (and I'm on the east coast). I love the heat, but this year round Florida summer deal is getting old.

I agree with a lot of the above.
The massive developing of the now concrete jungle prevents ocean breezes from coming inland like they used to.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:11 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,662,918 times
It is gonna be super hot and humid....anyway one cuts it...... you're gonna be hot!
From about May until November it's pretty consistently HOT and humid..... very little exception. Even by the beaches.

Also, I have noticed our rainy season doesn't seem quite as rainy. Those afternoon thunderstorms would be the only relief one could count on. I remember the last couple of summers being pretty dry. I'm an avid runner and am outside running five to six days a week. I would typically try and run in the afternoons when the cloud cover from an impending thunderstorm covered the sun and made running outside a tad bit more bearable. However, more recently, I've noticed there are days at a time in the Summer when those thunderstorms never materialize and it is sunny and unbearably hot (to run in at least). . .

Anyway, yeah..... you're gonna be hot. No way around it.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:25 PM

6 posts, read 6,996 times
Yes, it's going to be hot and humid and if anything over 80 is unpleasant for you, Florida ain't the place for you. I moved here last spring from Nashville, so I spent only one summer in Florida. I found the summer here more pleasant overall than Nashville. Nashville summers the hot humid air just sits over the city. Here I found that there are breezes that move the air around. Also, most of the time the highs were in the low 90's. When it's hot every degree matters, I'll take low 90's over mid to upper 90's anytime. Another factor to consider, independent of being hot and humid, the sun is intense here.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:31 PM

628 posts, read 815,447 times
So it sounds much different than West Coast climate. Even in low latitude places like San Deigo, it's not overly hot year round due to mild humidity and temps. The high is 76 degrees in Aug vs Boca's 90.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:33 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,662,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrishawke View Post
So it sounds much different than West Coast climate. Even in low latitude places like San Deigo, it's not overly hot year round due to mild humidity and temps. The high is 76 degrees in Aug vs Boca's 90.
It's pretty much the opposite of the west coast climate. Extreme heat and humidity is guaranteed. It is what it is and it ain't what it aint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach