Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:12 AM

173 posts, read 680,707 times

Advertisements

Anyway, to get back to the original question, what are some good communities out west in Palm Beach Gardens to live?

Last edited by sunrico90; 03-17-2008 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: MOD deleted off-topic, back to the OP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 05:13 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,900,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyd View Post
I can understand the congested part, which is the biggest reason why I am looking to move to PBG instead of Boca as I first planned, because North PB county is supposed to be a little less crowded (I can only say it by from what I am told).

As far as too many old people in Boca goes in relation to raising young children, it is better to have your kids around older people (Even if they are snotty) rather than a bunch of young people who are involved in gangster culture, because it cannot be denied that alot of kids these days are being brought up with that way of life. It's better to take the former over the latter.
It's really hard to go anywhere in Boca with kids. The old folks give them the evil eye and and treat you like the devil for taking them out in public. I don't think that's good for kids. I'm not a fan of the thugs either, but I don't think it's an either/or choice. There are places to live where there is a mix of younger and older folks where the thugs do not dominate.

Do you have a job waiting for you in Palm Beach County? If not, there are places outside of Boca that are not dominated by old folks or thugs. There are senior citizens everywhere in FL, but Boca is really dominated by the seniors in a way that most towns are not.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:35 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,938,381 times
Quote:
Anyway, to get back to the original question, what are some good communities out west in Palm Beach Gardens to live?
I'm new but I'll give you a quick run down from what I know....The communities in this area range with homes from the 300's to the millions. Oaks East is one of the communities on the lower end. Its not gated. I wasnt impressed with what I saw- i think the homes were a bit older- but I believe those homes were reasonably priced.

If you're looking for country club/gated/golfing communities then PGA National, Mirasol, Iron Horse, Frenchmans Creek or Ballenisles should work for you. Those homes are 600k+.

You have to look carefully because at first glance, all you see are gated communities but there are smaller neighborhoods (probably lower priced but just as nice) scattered throughout.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I'm new but I'll give you a quick run down from what I know....The communities in this area range with homes from the 300's to the millions. Oaks East is one of the communities on the lower end. Its not gated. I wasnt impressed with what I saw- i think the homes were a bit older- but I believe those homes were reasonably priced.

If you're looking for country club/gated/golfing communities then PGA National, Mirasol, Iron Horse, Frenchmans Creek or Ballenisles should work for you. Those homes are 600k+.

You have to look carefully because at first glance, all you see are gated communities but there are smaller neighborhoods (probably lower priced but just as nice) scattered throughout.

Thank you for the info I need hun. I did a search on some homes just a while ago, and there are not TOO MANY nice ones below the 250k price range (My price range is 230k-225k), but as you said, there ARE some but they're scattered. It's the same way in Boca too. I'm pretty sure that by the time I am ready to move, there should be a bit more nicer ones on the market, especially considering the fact that within the past few years, MANY people are leaving Florida or are seriously considering it.

As I said, I am looking to live out in the western part of the city, maybe past the turnpike or so. I'm particularly fond of tropical neighborhood's that have abundances of shade trees lining the streets, but I understand that in Florida, you have to take what you can get if you can afford it, but hey, I'm just stating what I like. lol.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:41 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,061 times
Your going to have a rough time finding anything west of the turnpike off of PGA for under $300K.

All that's out that way is Mirasol and PGA National, both pricy neighborhoods with $300+ homes.

You might find something in that price range further north and out west in Jupiter Farms.

Figure you'll need 10% down, so that's $25-30K or more, don't forget HOA fees can be very high for some of the gated communities.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Your going to have a rough time finding anything west of the turnpike off of PGA for under $300K.

All that's out that way is Mirasol and PGA National, both pricy neighborhoods with $300+ homes.

You might find something in that price range further north and out west in Jupiter Farms.

Figure you'll need 10% down, so that's $25-30K or more, don't forget HOA fees can be very high for some of the gated communities.
Yur right, I did a search and there is hardly anything worth buying within my price range in Palm Beach Gardens, East, Mid, or West. All of the descent ones START at the 300ks just as you said. There are plenty of nice homes within my price range in Boca though, so just as I said in my very first post on the first page, there is always something that leads me back to Boca. Lol. It never fails.

Palm Beach Gardens is very pretty and upscale, and the little bit that I've seen is prettier than Boca to me, but unfortunately I can't go any higher than 225-230k for a home.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:49 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
by the time I am ready to move, there should be a bit more nicer ones on the market, especially considering the fact that within the past few years, MANY people are leaving Florida or are seriously considering it.
Why are people considering leaving Florida? Knowing this would help me.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:04 PM

23 posts, read 28,253 times
Default Palm Beach Gardens is BICYCLE COMMUTER HEAVEN

I do not own a car. I ride my bike on all errands. I ride my bike to and from work. Everything I need is within 10 miles of here--Whole Foods, libraries, FAU, PBCC, post offices, my job, and...tHE BEACH which has a very popular road-riding route all the way up to Stuart.

The sidewalks are GREAT and there are occasionally bike lanes. There are several REAL bicycle paths as well.

Admittedly, I do not work in West Palm Beach--although if I did I could put my bike on a bus and ride in on the bus so I do not have to ride my bike through Riviera Beach.

I live in attached housing--pays to realize that your insurance will be lower in attached housing than in a single-family home.

That's all for now--

Old 03-21-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Why are people considering leaving Florida? Knowing this would help me.
Alot of people are considering it because of the high cost (which admittedly, not all but alot of it has to do with people bringing it on themselves), hurricane threats, congestion, and the heat. The people who aren't complaining about leaving are the ones who make good money and can afford it, or either the working class people who know how to spend their money, and then you have some that love Florida regardless of the problems and just don't want to leave.

OwlGurl, it seems like life in PBG would be lovely. If it's a bicycle friendly city in FLORIDA, you can't argue with that. I am really attracted to the architecture of PBG, and it is very tropical too. Unfortunately, as I said before, I can't find anything there within price range, so that leaves me back to my original choice, Boca.

Last edited by rickyd; 03-21-2008 at 05:49 PM..

Old 03-21-2008, 05:08 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlgurl View Post
I live in attached housing--pays to realize that your insurance will be lower in attached housing than in a single-family home.
How much does it cost to insure the vanilla 1800 sf newer block/stucco/tile roof home between 95 and the Turnpike in Palm Beach County? Just curious...with the hurricane issue and all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach