Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 03:00 PM

163 posts, read 203,678 times

Advertisements

Possible move to Wellington , West Palm Beach retired 3 people and special needs adult child Dont have figures for numbers for price of house yet as my other adult child is buying it and living their too with wife and baby. We have lived in Sattelite Beach before that was hot How much hotter is Wellington? how far is it to a beach? Medical is very important to us Heard it has the Cleveland clinic there. where are the major medical centers? is there any walkability to stores or do you need to drive everywhere? What type of jobs are there? How is the crime rate there? Thats a good start If anyone comes on my post and starts ridiculing me and talking down to me , I will ignore you I dont do this to you , dont do it to me,, show respect as I do to you. There are many helpful people here and I help others too thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 10:23 AM

No replies?

Old 01-11-2018, 03:30 PM

anyone live in Wellinton willing to talk?

Old 01-11-2018, 05:48 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,644,717 times
You can google a lot of your questions.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:36 PM

How cold and insensitive! I obviously know that! This forum uses to be so friendly It is so nice to talk to people who actually LIVE there My hometown talks to people all the time I am reminded of the time my son was moving to Tennessee , and I called a real estate agent and he told me everything is great , weather is great all year. The next day the town was wiped out by a tornado!!! And I have a similar agent from West Palm singing its praises too . We dont want to hear fairytales we want to hear from people who lived there this forum used to be like this not people just being condenscending. Ofcourse I will go visit it but it is not around the corner

Old 01-13-2018, 01:06 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,792,718 times
I only rented in Wellington in The Palm Beach Polo Club for a short time though it was a few separate times which is a really nice community. I ended up in Boca but then moved out of state.
FL is very humid and hot. In the summer regardless of where you are in FL it feels like a sauna. Its the winter months where FL varies.
In my opinion and others I know FL health care is not good. Cleveland Clinic in FL is not like the one in Cleveland. For ex my grandpa lives in Boca and flew to Cleveland Clinic Ohio for treatment. Obviously all doctors in FL are not bad but personally I had bad experiences and like I said know others who have. I know if I had needed surgery or treatment I would of not had it in FL.
There is a really nice mall in Wellington but you mostly do need a car unless you live in walking distance to let's say the mall. There are a lot of homes, condos, and apartments which are.
I think Wellington varies in terms of safety. I felt OK where I was but didn't venture to much around Wellington.
What state do you live in now?

Old 01-13-2018, 02:37 PM

6,869 posts, read 11,181,814 times
Smile From a mortgage broker in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinecone lady View Post
Possible move to Wellington , West Palm Beach retired 3 people and special needs adult child Dont have figures for numbers for price of house yet as my other adult child is buying it and living their too with wife and baby. We have lived in Sattelite Beach before that was hot How much hotter is Wellington? how far is it to a beach? Medical is very important to us Heard it has the Cleveland clinic there. where are the major medical centers? is there any walkability to stores or do you need to drive everywhere? What type of jobs are there? How is the crime rate there? Thats a good start If anyone comes on my post and starts ridiculing me and talking down to me , I will ignore you I dont do this to you , dont do it to me,, show respect as I do to you. There are many helpful people here and I help others too thanks
Hi - I do business all over Florida but mainly Palm Beach County and Broward Counties. Palm Beach County would include Wellington.

The Cleveland Clinic is in Weston, FL and would be about a 40 minute drive for you.

Wellington is in western Palm Beach County west of 441.

I've done loans for young couples who seem to love it there and just did a loan for a woman with a 37 year adult son (disabled) that lives with her and needs 24 hour caregiving (auto accident, I think).

What is your budget?

Old 02-18-2018, 01:17 PM

income based only

Old 03-10-2018, 08:03 PM

22 posts, read 25,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinecone lady View Post
No replies?
Hello pinecone lady! I have lived and worked in Wellington for years. There are 2 hospitals right in Wellington. Numerous Doctors with varying specialties right in Wellington. We have JFK hospital close by which I went to in 1995 for lung surgery...they are very good. In my opinion you really need to drive here as there is no real public transportation. We have many grocery stores, Trader Joes, Publix, Whole Foods, Aldi in the Village of Wellington. It is hot and humid here in the summer..but then most of Florida is unless you live in the northern part of Florida. The beach is only 20 minute drive. Most communities have their own pools you can cool off in. I moved my elderly Aunt here in 2009.( She is 86 years old now.) She has a single family home, lives alone and feels very safe. She lives in Sugar Pond Manor which is not governed by an HOA and is not gated. As far as jobs, it depends on what kind of jobs you are looking for. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have!

Old 07-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Default move to Wellington

thanks I will let my children go there first asnd then visit I am a NYer Long Island and PA PA has a severe doctor shortage and we need beter medical we lived in Melbourne yrs ago and outdoors in the heat made me feel sick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach