Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2018, 11:39 AM

8 posts, read 15,157 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody!

We are new here but we(me and my husband) found this forum really helpfull!

Maybe someone will read our message and will be able to help us with good advise.
We emigrated to the us in the beginning of 2017 because of my husbands work in fort lauderdale.
We have a boy of 5 years old and choose to live in Weston due to the good schools and safety.

Around 2019 my husband will have the opportunity to work solely in west palm beach and just sometimes go to Fort Lauderdale but that would be like 2 x a week.
Therefor we started to orientate about where to buy a house next.

The thing is, we do like Weston, but it is just too pricey for what you get! Its absurd!
We do like the houses, we would not mind living in a condo, but we really want a swimming pool and some space around our house. We have a border collie and a cat an we love to work on land and be outside.
But to find something around here like this, that don't exceed the $360.000's is almost impossible!

Therefor we started looking around West Palm Beach (max. 15min north of it, around 35 min west, or in between WPB and Fort Lauderdale.)

Our main priority is....the schools must be good(7+), security is very important, some land around our house and a swimming pool!

I was looking on internet and was very interested in Wellington and Royal Palm Beach, but i don't think i would find something like this over there...but i did found Loxahatchee!!

I read a lot in this post about life and other things there and it sounds great to us. But sadly we also found out about the "cancer cluster" thing. We would still want to move there as long as we can feel save and know how to take care of our self's and our pets and land.
I've read a lot about all those filters for the wells but do they filter radiation too??
What is the best system to use for the hole house?
Does anyone has any experience with the maintenance of those wells and filters and how much does that cost?
Are people still getting sick there?
We really feel bad for all those home owners there who have being true this crises.....
I hope someone would like to talk to us and help us out.

Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 03:43 PM

8 posts, read 15,157 times
Default I am sorry for my English....

I meant safe .....is it safe to move to Loxahatchee?

*sorry again....we are new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourpome View Post
Hello everybody!

We are new here but we(me and my husband) found this forum really helpfull!

Maybe someone will read our message and will be able to help us with good advise.
We emigrated to the us in the beginning of 2017 because of my husbands work in fort lauderdale.
We have a boy of 5 years old and choose to live in Weston due to the good schools and safety.

Around 2019 my husband will have the opportunity to work solely in west palm beach and just sometimes go to Fort Lauderdale but that would be like 2 x a week.
Therefor we started to orientate about where to buy a house next.

The thing is, we do like Weston, but it is just too pricey for what you get! Its absurd!
We do like the houses, we would not mind living in a condo, but we really want a swimming pool and some space around our house. We have a border collie and a cat an we love to work on land and be outside.
But to find something around here like this, that don't exceed the $360.000's is almost impossible!

Therefor we started looking around West Palm Beach (max. 15min north of it, around 35 min west, or in between WPB and Fort Lauderdale.)

Our main priority is....the schools must be good(7+), security is very important, some land around our house and a swimming pool!

I was looking on internet and was very interested in Wellington and Royal Palm Beach, but i don't think i would find something like this over there...but i did found Loxahatchee!!

I read a lot in this post about life and other things there and it sounds great to us. But sadly we also found out about the "cancer cluster" thing. We would still want to move there as long as we can feel save and know how to take care of our self's and our pets and land.
I've read a lot about all those filters for the wells but do they filter radiation too??
What is the best system to use for the hole house?
Does anyone has any experience with the maintenance of those wells and filters and how much does that cost?
Are people still getting sick there?
We really feel bad for all those home owners there who have being true this crises.....
I hope someone would like to talk to us and help us out.

Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach