Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:48 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,567 times

Advertisements

15-20 minutes to get from Abacoa to downtown WPB during rush hour is not going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 04:27 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
15-20 minutes to get from Abacoa to downtown WPB during rush hour is not going to happen.

Depends on which Rush Hour your doing.

But don't try to make Wellington to West Palm seem like a piece of cake either. You still need to navigate the Belvedere Curve area, which is AWFUL leaving downtown at rush hour going South from Okeechobee to Southern along I-95.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:29 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
*Hometown pride*

It will only take FIVE minutes to get to Weston! Erm, I mean, 45 minutes.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:47 PM

22 posts, read 69,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
Hi, I'm up for a position in West Palm Beach, Fl. I'll be moving from a quiet town in PA about 45min from downtown Philly. I live in suburbs and I'm just so far from EVERYTHING. What I'd really like to have is a neighborhood that has cafes and restaurants within walking distance and the beach close by. Nice movie theatres and bookstores close by would be great also. I'll be renting and can afford anything up to about 1500-2000 a month. I'm 31 no kids moving with 26yr old sis. We don't do clubs but we like upscale restaurants once in a while. We just want a great area that isn't far away from everything.

I did some research and I like the Las Olas Blvd area because there seems to be so much to do. With the job being in West Palm Beach I'm wondering if Fort Lauderdale would be too much of a commute? I'm wondering if Boca would be better since it's in the middle? I'm used to a long commute to work of about 45min. I think I rather get the lifestyle I want more than worry about commute. I'd really appreciate any words of advice. Of course I'll be visiting the areas before I move I'd just like a heads up about the best neighborhoods with my criteria from people with experience. Thank you!
hotstuff, where you up for a job? I'm from out of state and up for a job down there too in WPB, from New England. Just thought it would be funny if we were up for the same job!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:29 PM

17 posts, read 78,823 times
Abacoa looks great but I only see two complexes there and they both are too expensive. Is there anything else besides Floresta and the Abacoa one?

Old 05-20-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninrome View Post
Abacoa looks great but I only see two complexes there and they both are too expensive. Is there anything else besides Floresta and the Abacoa one?

Jeninrome, Abacoa has many different developments. You may even be able to get a townhome for 1200/month. Also nearby, however, is Fiore (right across the street and also convenient to I-95).

Your best bet would be to hire a realtor that specializes in rentals, or search Craigslist. There's a family development called "Evergrene" that is right down the road that sometimes has GREAT finds:

SFH in EVERGRENE (http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/apa/650195126.html - broken link)

Old 05-21-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Depends on which Rush Hour your doing.

But don't try to make Wellington to West Palm seem like a piece of cake either. You still need to navigate the Belvedere Curve area, which is AWFUL leaving downtown at rush hour going South from Okeechobee to Southern along I-95.
No need to take Belvedere into downtown, I can get on Southern go east and connect with Australian without any problems. Since they improved Southern, getting downtown from out west is much faster.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
No need to take Belvedere into downtown, I can get on Southern go east and connect with Australian without any problems. Since they improved Southern, getting downtown from out west is much faster.

There's still no need to live out west. If you live in Florida, why live away from the sea breezes and beach when faced with two otherwise equal choices?

Having lived in Both Jupiter and Downtown West Palm Beach, I stick by my 15-20 minute commute to and from Jupiter figure. I used to do Hobe Sound to West Palm in 35-40 minutes in rush hour, so getting to Donald Ross Rd. from Okeechobee is not a stretch.... unless there's an accident, which will kill commutes on Southern OR I-95!

Old 05-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
There's still no need to live out west. If you live in Florida, why live away from the sea breezes and beach when faced with two otherwise equal choices?

Having lived in Both Jupiter and Downtown West Palm Beach, I stick by my 15-20 minute commute to and from Jupiter figure. I used to do Hobe Sound to West Palm in 35-40 minutes in rush hour, so getting to Donald Ross Rd. from Okeechobee is not a stretch.... unless there's an accident, which will kill commutes on Southern OR I-95!
No need to live in North County either, your farther from everything else to the south. It's a matter of choice and personal preference.

Obviously 50K+ people think otherwise (pop of Wellington) don't forget to add-in RPB and etc., I'm like 15-25 minutes from the beach that's really far, you make it sound like Wellington is inland Florida lol, not even close. Must be the same reason people like living in Coto De Caza in the OC for example, look it up.

The only place east of here I would live, would be Palm Beach (the Island).

Besides where would I play Polo in Jupiter?

Old 05-21-2008, 08:15 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Talking sorry, I have to

I still say you should just come on down to Weston! No reason to live in Jupiter OR Wellington. We have the lowest crime in all of the universe, PLUS on two sides of us we have places to keep your horses AND you can get good Colombian and Venezuelan baked goods in a semi-upscale envrionment. And only 45 minutes down the smooth, bump free open road bliss of slash pine forest lined Florida's Turnpike and the sawgrass lined Sawgrass Expressway. Plus, if you use your imagination, it isn't really that far west at all!

Besides, where could you get good Epanadas and Arepas in Jupiter?

Sorry, I just HAD to, I just think the hometown pride stuff is pretty funny. Can'y you just settle on the fact that they are BOTH good places with different pros and cons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach