Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 03:52 PM

5 posts, read 5,297 times

Advertisements

We moved here about two years ago from Minnesota- 100% for the weather and the ocean.In fact, when people ask me why we moved here I always answer "for the beach" Both my husband and I could no longer stand winters and my husband specifically suffered from SAD.
We have found our quality of life and overall mental health to be impacted in such an incredibly positive way. There are things about living in Florida that we do not like, but the weather and the beach far outweigh the negatives for us. That being said- it is what you make it. When we lived in Minnesota we found ourselves locked in our house for 6 month of the year, dreading running errands, driving, etc. in the snow. Now..... We go to the beach almost every single weekend and I love the ocean- and cannot imagine living without it!! Sitting by the water has an amazing effect on my soul. Going for a walk in the evening after dinner is another big benefit. We have also been physically more healthy as a family of 4, haven't even had a cold or a runny nose since we moved!!! There are pluses and minuses to anywhere you live but for us, we've really enjoyed the change of constant sunshine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 04:07 PM

676 posts, read 721,269 times
Mn2fl. I agree with you. After hubby died I had to choose between the pocono mountains of pa or Florida. I am one hundred percent I made the right choice. Too bad I Couldn’t have both places. But that could be another thread. Although I just loved the summers in the poconos, I would not have been ok with the winters at all!!. Each day confirms it as I look at the weather there now, coupled by 40 mile round trip to Walmart, very curvy roads and lots of snow and ice.

I must admit I was never a winter person all the while I lived up north dreading winter every year.

I bet your dislikes here are the traffic and rude people. Those are mine. I was in culture shock in the beginning but the weather for me compensates.

I’m here as long as you and so far it’s been very good.

Old 01-29-2020, 08:29 AM

157 posts, read 284,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
Whitmeyer, That’s so good to know. Which are the dozen states that have more sunny days less humidity and rain, and seasons. I may consider one of them in the future. For now Florida is good for me but I know I will never move back north. I’d like to know the other states you speak of.

Thanks.
Arizona, California, Idaho, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Utah, Texas (El Paso), to name some. Please note that in some cases this applies to certain parts of the state, and obviously certain parts of places such as Arizona and Nevada have very hot summers. The data for the sunniest places in the US is readily available online.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:07 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,721,547 times
The posters who are enjoying life in South Florida seem to be retired and have only resided in the area for less than two years. Wait until those posters have lived in South Florida for ten years or more — if they even last that long before packing up and moving to South Carolina or another Sun Belt pipe-dream place. Even I enjoyed living in South Florida during the first couple of years I spent there. But, it gets progressively worse. And no, it has nothing to do with hurricanes, alligators or insects — I’ll tell you that much.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
The posters who are enjoying life in South Florida seem to be retired and have only resided in the area for less than two years. Wait until those posters have lived in South Florida for ten years or more — if they even last that long before packing up and moving to South Carolina or another Sun Belt pipe-dream place. Even I enjoyed living Florida during the first couple of years. But, it gets progressively worse. And no, it has nothing to do with hurricanes, alligators or insects — I’ll tell you that much.
That’s your experience. I know quite a few people who are living here many years and still love it.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
That’s your experience. I know quite a few people who are living here many years and still love it.
Let me guess — those people are from New York.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:15 PM

Well you must not like New Yorkers. Once again. Your preference. I’m glad you moved out. Florida is crowded enough.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Well you must not like New Yorkers. Once again. Your preference. I’m glad you moved out. Florida is crowded enough.
If you lived in Boca for as long as I did, you wouldn’t, either. If you do, you’re probably one yourself.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:58 PM

Omg!! One what!!! Maybe you should take a look in the mirror.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Omg!! One what!!! Maybe you should take a look in the mirror.
A New Yorker. You heard me the first time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach