Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 07:33 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,814,733 times

Advertisements

I know two people with 'emotional support' dogs that are palmed off as service animals.
They both laugh because they know it's a load of bull****.
The animals are innocent; the owners are garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 03:55 PM

119 posts, read 236,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Yes, but I am reading the poster is saying that they come in under the guise of being a service dog, because the business really has not much ground to stand on in challenging it.
Exactly. Businesses need to be more empowered.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:07 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Unless that person has a dog, and just declares it a service animal, as many people do.
Actually, there are a few things you can do. It takes a minimum of 24 months to train a service animal. Ask the animal's age. Also, a service animal will never be in a stroller, a handbag, in your lap etc.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:05 AM

Just back from Aldi in Jupiter, saw someone with their toy dog with an "ESA" vest on it. It's specifically announcing that it's not a service dog, but no, nobody says anything. I think it's even getting to the point where since the rule is not enforced at all, they might actually think it's genuinely permitted!

Old 02-05-2021, 06:43 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
You see this abuse everywhere but with the airlines re-establishing standards that allow only true service dogs trained to assist the owner for a specific purpose I hope that this trickles down to the stores. As the law allows a store can ask "what assistance does this animal provide?" that in itself should eliminate 99.9% of what we see in the stores. As others have stated its a disgrace to those that truly require theses assistants and their are properly trained to work in this role.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:16 PM

Well, I finally had enough when I went into the Panera at Alton Town Place and not only was some person with their pet, with not even a jacket fake or otherwise, started sniffing at my ankles and the manager was playing with the dog, I tweeted corporate with the store # saying this is not acceptable and you need to do something. There are allergic people inside and it's not fair to them. We'll see, and if no response I'll followup with the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
View detailed profiles of: