Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 03:31 PM
rgw rgw started this thread

2 posts, read 4,119 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone. I've been reading through several postings and what I’ve read so far has been so helpful, but I have a few specific questions. We're considering a business opportunity that would require us to travel, basically throughout Broward & Palm Beach Counties so we can be somewhat open as to where we settle.

We plan to rent for the first year or so until we get a feel for the area.
I’ve read in this forum that some areas lean towards snooty – that’s fine for some, but truthfully we feel more comfortable around the aging hippie type than the silicone sisters.

We're 50-something empty nesters, so school districts aren't an issue. Our wish list would include a great eclectic neighborhood with friendly people within walking distance of a town center area (restaurants & retail). Close to a beach would be a definite plus, but our priority isn’t in dumping a ton of $$ into rent. In a similar thread, someone recommended the downtown area of Delray Beach, but that person was in her 20’s. Would it also be appropriate for babyboomers? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 03:39 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
I am in the same shoes are far as traveling. The last word I would use for the area I a located is eclectic, but it is a friendly neighborhood and the location is VERY nice.

I think you could do well in either Delray Beach or the Young's Circle/Downtown area in Hollywood, but BE SELECTIVE about neighborhood. I do think downtown Delray would be perfectly suitable for baby boomers. However, it's the location that is an issue. It's not nearly as easy to access the highways and major roads on the east side as it is on the west side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach