Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:56 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times

Advertisements

C'mon, where's the love, erm, hate, for South Bay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 03:02 PM

26 posts, read 92,668 times
delray is rough by 95

Old 06-15-2008, 12:37 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
This thread is worthless without PICS !

Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 AM

439 posts, read 1,748,832 times
I'd rank Belle Glade and Pahokee at the top with Riviera Beach coming in a close second. Then there's the Pleasant City neighborhood of WPB (probably tied with RB). Don't know exactly where that is and I'm not about to make a trip to find out.

Regarding West Palm, Boynton and Lake Worth, there are a few bright spots in each of them. I've been to Lake Avenue, CityPlace (and some of the surrounding areas) and some places off Ocean Ave in Boynton. So, I'm not totally lumping them into the bad category--just know to stay out of the not-so-nice areas. Delray falls into this as well. It's weird to be going along Atlantic Ave and see how quickly the area changes. It's like there's an invisible line painted on the road.

I think I've passed through South Bay a few times, but can't remember much about it. There's a sugar company based there, right?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:01 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
I agree with most of that, but I wouldn't consider Pahokee a city. Pahokee is a third world country.
Pahokee is also a Farming Area, my parents own land there next to the lake so it is not going to be some bustling City Walk Metro.
Belle Glade hosts many of the people that work on nearby farms, so good job being judgmental. Let's see how good your place would look if you worked in the fields in that heat. I guess by 3rd world you mean there are Mexicans, Jamaicans and Haitians living there.

Last edited by Mach50; 06-18-2008 at 11:09 AM..

Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 AM

51 posts, read 356,164 times
Really Belle Glade Is Number One.its A Fact Not An Opinion.the Rest Can Fall Into Your Own Belief.no Where In Broward Looks As Worst As Bell Glade And Some Of Dade May Be That Way Like Liberty City But Not Nearly As Worst As Belle Glade Cause At Least They Have Alot Of Job Opportunities And Walmarts And Movie Theaters.belle Glade Dont Have These Things.all They Have Is Factories, Fields, And Football. The Only City I Would Rate Close To Belle Glade Is Fort Pierce.

Last edited by BOY-N-TOWN; 06-19-2008 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: EDIT WORD

Old 06-19-2008, 05:23 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Pahokee is also a Farming Area, my parents own land there next to the lake so it is not going to be some bustling City Walk Metro.
Belle Glade hosts many of the people that work on nearby farms, so good job being judgmental. Let's see how good your place would look if you worked in the fields in that heat. I guess by 3rd world you mean there are Mexicans, Jamaicans and Haitians living there.
No, I mean there are run down buildings, unsafe areas, high unemployment, huge residential and commercial areas where the people that live there don't take pride in it's appearance, litter, loiterers, vagrants, drunks, drugs, shacks, dogs running loose, and the like.

It's also not a city, but a rural area.

And you're right-I am being judgmental. That's the whole point of this thread.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 6,550 times
well i thought west palm was a beautiful city i am from st louis area have seen how it looks here

Old 06-20-2008, 06:55 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndemjeans4u View Post
well i thought west palm was a beautiful city i am from st louis area have seen how it looks here

Depends on where you go in West Palm.... just like any city really.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:56 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Why is it there's always one guy who tries to make everything about race or ethnicity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach