Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 AM

19 posts, read 65,692 times

Advertisements

Given the bad economic news we hear every day, what are the opinions of people on this forum whether this will affect snowbirds this Fall.
A great many business's rely on the extra business they bring to the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:55 AM

101 posts, read 381,201 times
Oh yes they will be here... I work at an HOA and the people that own the winter houses down here still really haven't been effected by the economy. I was talking to one homeowner and she said she didn't even know gas was above $4 a gallon she always just paid and went.. I think the airlines would totally have to shut down for it to impact the snow birds

Old 07-24-2008, 04:04 PM

51 posts, read 355,941 times
i dont like snow birds coming down here...

Old 07-28-2008, 09:33 PM

95 posts, read 355,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOY-N-TOWN View Post
i dont like snow birds coming down here...
yeah i agree .. they could get annoying wit their driving n wut not.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:50 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
I love snowbirds. Great for the economy! Businesses thrive in the winter months in Florida. They are a necessary and vital component of South Florida, and especially Palm Beach County.

Yeah, they drive slow and create traffic, but I handle a lot of suits involving auto injuries, and snowbirds are rarely the source of the litigation.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:08 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,161,706 times
Unfortunetly, yes.

It's really their driving ability that works my last nerve. I've even given a name to "the move" - it's the Florida Four Lane Crossover. It's when some old fart is in the far right lane, and all of a sudden decides they want to go left, crosses over 4 lanes, no signal, right in front of you, and then wonders why you've either given them the finger or honked your horn at them.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:47 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,364 times
I just relocated last summer and I'm already tired of the snowbirds!! I can't take not being able to go out to eat because they stuff into EVERY damn restaurant in the area. Their driving also leaves A LOT to be desired.......

Old 08-01-2008, 03:00 PM

95 posts, read 355,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
I just relocated last summer and I'm already tired of the snowbirds!! I can't take not being able to go out to eat because they stuff into EVERY damn restaurant in the area. Their driving also leaves A LOT to be desired.......
Tell me about it.. i live in the gulf coast and at around November and on, all the streets start packing theirselves up b/c they drive so slow n to make matters worst, they don't look when they turn -- at least here in Bradenton. It gets absoluately ridiculous

Last edited by dcabrer1; 08-01-2008 at 03:11 PM..

Old 08-01-2008, 05:40 PM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,657 times
Talking Yes They Will!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfplux View Post
Given the bad economic news we hear every day, what are the opinions of people on this forum whether this will affect snowbirds this Fall.
A great many business's rely on the extra business they bring to the area.
Almost everyone who lives in Florida today is related to and/or use to be a snowbird themselves......so you might just as well ask...do you think it will snow up north......The snowbirds will return......bringing with them traffic...crowds...poor driving habits...and most importantly their money......of course they probably will not stay as long...due to the enonomic situation...but come they will....

Old 08-02-2008, 11:49 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcabrer1 View Post
yeah i agree .. they could get annoying wit their driving n wut not.

LOL I find this ironic. I live in SC and we cringe when we see Florida license plates..many Floridians moving here due to our low cost of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach