Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:21 PM

665 posts, read 1,723,075 times

Advertisements

Anyone remember Speakeasy at the end of Clematis Street. They always had great bands there in the eighties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 08:21 PM

179 posts, read 562,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmbdude View Post
WQAM is Florida's oldest station, started in the 1920's. The other rock station from the 70s and 80s was WZTA - or Zeta4 - which was quite popular. It went off the air for a couple of years and then came back again. There was also WGTR or GTR in the 80s. Lasted a short while too.
I remember ZETA!! i forgot all about it!!

Old 05-24-2011, 08:39 PM

Back in the sixties and seventies I never remember haveing sea lice to deal with, just the sand knats, jelly fish, and Man o war. I don't recall hearing about sea lice, until the 1980's, When I was taking my kids to the beach a lot...

Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
Is there still a trolley system in Lake Worth? When I was a very young kid my mom would take us on the trolley to downtown sometimes, I remember it was free and one of the trolleys was called Lolly the Trolley. Also I remember seeing Cotrans buses which I guess was the predecessor to PalmTran.

Nope Gone

Old 05-24-2011, 08:59 PM

Does anyone remember Hot Nights in the South, on Okeechobee Blvd, back in the seventies, and the old Alibi Bar on 1st street in WPB?, ( Alibi made the best french dip sandwiches!!)
And around the early eighties down in Boynton Beach they had a place ( unfortunately short lived ) called Alcatraz. It was so unique I was so sorry to see it go. They made IDs for members that took your photo with Numbers, and bars, and they had bowling games, pool tables about three different bars, and and barrels of peanuts (as did Hot Nights) for the patrons to help themselves, they served excellent lunches and dinners. Very family oriented. The booth seating was situated like you were in individual cells.
Classic.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:10 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,015,331 times
Sounds like good memories for all. I was in Palm County in August and had a great time. When I returned in April, so many businesses and restaurants were closed that I went to or liquidating. One man at one store told me that there use to be so many, many more stores and restaurants on or near Atlantic Avenue that has closed. It really is a shame for both the owner and the tourist.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:50 PM

16,881 posts, read 15,993,964 times
"Half in the Bag" bar, on Lake Worth Road, just west of Congress Avenue.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
"Half in the Bag" bar, on Lake Worth Road, just west of Congress Avenue.
Was that anywhere around FRENCHIES??????
Frenchies is just west of Congress, on Lake Worth Road, right at the intersect, where, Davis, 2nd Ave North, and LW RD meet...

Old 06-02-2011, 03:48 PM

122 posts, read 313,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Sounds like good memories for all. I was in Palm County in August and had a great time. When I returned in April, so many businesses and restaurants were closed that I went to or liquidating. One man at one store told me that there use to be so many, many more stores and restaurants on or near Atlantic Avenue that has closed. It really is a shame for both the owner and the tourist.
I noticed this too on Atlantic. Many mom & pop businesses are gone and lots of vacant storefronts even by the beach over near the bridge. The plaza right after the bridge to A1A on Atlantic seemed to be about 90 percent vacant. Slightly west of US1 seems to be doing OK but as you head to the beach the amount of vacant real estate is jarringly noticeable.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:55 AM

5 posts, read 10,067 times
Talking A-1-A Bars in Delray and Briny Breezes

I remember The Gipper on A-1-A in Delray Beach and Dante's Den on Briny Breezes. Hung out there in the 70's. Remember the Gunsons, Kathy Reimer, Ducky Drake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach