Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 12:52 PM

371 posts, read 1,259,912 times

Advertisements

Looking for 2 things when we visit at the end of the month...first- I will be so disappointed if they've already closed- but are any water parks open in October??
Second- anyone know of a drum circle in the Boca/ West Palm area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
The water park around here, Rapids Water Park, is only open this weekend, October 11th and 12th, and then is shutting down for the winter.

The closest water park besides Rapids is up in Orlando, where Wet & Wild is open all year, as are the Disney water parks, I believe.

Drum circles? No clue!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 PM

442 posts, read 1,579,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The water park around here, Rapids Water Park, is only open this weekend, October 11th and 12th, and then is shutting down for the winter.

The closest water park besides Rapids is up in Orlando, where Wet & Wild is open all year, as are the Disney water parks, I believe.

Drum circles? No clue!

A South Florida water park closing down for...winter.

Native Floridian here, but it still sounds funny to me!

Old 10-09-2008, 06:58 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,150,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMissAshley View Post

The reason is probably that local kids are the core of their business, which means they're busiest in summer. They don't make enough money the rest of the year to justify staying open. The weekend business during the year isn't enough.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:52 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile Water park in Boca

Coconut Cove opens during Easter break, then just after Memorial Day until Labor Day. It is run by Palm Beach County so those decisions are made at that level.

It seems it could be open later through the year on the weekends.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:32 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,913,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMissAshley View Post

My son is currently at a birthday party (15 year olds). The boy's birthday is later in October but this is the last week the park is open. Local SF kids don't swim much in the winter. Although daytime temps stay warm the cooler night time temps in winter make the water pretty cold.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:31 AM

439 posts, read 1,749,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Coconut Cove opens during Easter break, then just after Memorial Day until Labor Day. It is run by Palm Beach County so those decisions are made at that level.

It seems it could be open later through the year on the weekends.
I'm disappointed that it doesn't stay open later in the year. They could EASILY be open on the weekends into November and have plenty of business. It's still blazingly hot in October. They could close after Thanksgiving weekend--people visiting their relatives here would have a place to cool off.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,415 times
hi there, i am from colorado, only here for two more days, leave saturday, but maybe i could meet some body in a drum circle, today is october 30, 2008, my number is (561)8868162 (my daughters cell phone. My name is tomas bear, I am a native american singer, flute player, etc. peace tomas

Old 11-03-2008, 07:47 AM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,788 times
quiet waters park in deerfield, has a small waterpark, and im pretty sure its open year round.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:53 PM

13 posts, read 58,692 times
which one?
any others available, during winter?
I am also very interested in waterparks - we moved recently to Delray Beach; and I don't want to wait for the next summer in order to have some aquatic fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach