Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:28 PM

95 posts, read 334,926 times

Advertisements

I like Boynton Beach, you have to pay, but it is nice. They have a bath house, and nice outside showers. There is also a small snack shack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 02:31 PM

439 posts, read 1,741,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisai View Post
I like Boynton Beach, you have to pay, but it is nice. They have a bath house, and nice outside showers. There is also a small snack shack.
I think you might be referring to the beaches in Boca. They're the only ones I know of where you have to pay.

The closest thing Wellington has to a beach would be the swamps of the Everglades. I don't think anyone is going to go swimming out there.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:43 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,134,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona25 View Post
I think you might be referring to the beaches in Boca. They're the only ones I know of where you have to pay.

The closest thing Wellington has to a beach would be the swamps of the Everglades. I don't think anyone is going to go swimming out there.
You could go on the Muck-About: Clyde Butcher - Black and White Fine Art Photographer

Old 12-21-2008, 08:28 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,515,315 times
Have been checking out a couple of areas for possible move in the future...

Wellington (Palm Beach)...not sure of anymore...read below.
Weston (Broward)
Sunny Isles (Miami-Dade).

What are the pros & cons? Just read of Wikipedia.com that as of Jul 2008...Wellington is the 3rd most dangerous suburb in Palm Beach County. Can this be true? Looked like a nice suburb to me.

Thanks.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:11 AM

114 posts, read 447,254 times
I can't see how that can be true. In fact, I recently read in the local Wellington paper (Town crier) that Wellington was just rated the safest city in PBC with a population over 50,000. That paper can be read online.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobstar View Post
I can't see how that can be true. In fact, I recently read in the local Wellington paper (Town crier) that Wellington was just rated the safest city in PBC with a population over 50,000. That paper can be read online.
I find it hard to believe too...but if you go to wikipedia.com and put in Wellington, FL on the left side (search)...it states that Wellington is the 3rd most dangerous suburb in Palm Beach County. My teeth about dropped out when I read it. I have a friend that lives in Manalapan and she even finds it hard to believe. It statesd it in the 1st paragraph.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:16 PM

Here's a quote from the article:

In its efforts at crime suppression, Richter said the district’s “Street Team” crime suppression unit worked hard to detect and eliminate gang activity and maintain the village’s low crime rate. Toward those goals, he said, deputies identified 11 gang members, made 126 felony arrests and filed 355 drug-related charges. The Village of Wellington’s crime rate of 3.6 incidents per 1,000 population is the lowest crime rate for any city in Palm Beach County with a population of 50,000 or more.

Here's the link:

The Town-Crier Newspaper (http://www.thecrier.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=&mad=&sdetai l=16040&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&res tate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=& rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1150&hn=gotowncr ier&he=.com - broken link)

Old 12-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Here's a quote from the article:

In its efforts at crime suppression, Richter said the district’s “Street Team” crime suppression unit worked hard to detect and eliminate gang activity and maintain the village’s low crime rate. Toward those goals, he said, deputies identified 11 gang members, made 126 felony arrests and filed 355 drug-related charges. The Village of Wellington’s crime rate of 3.6 incidents per 1,000 population is the lowest crime rate for any city in Palm Beach County with a population of 50,000 or more.

Here's the link:

The Town-Crier Newspaper (http://www.thecrier.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=&mad=&sdetai l=16040&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&res tate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=& rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1150&hn=gotowncr ier&he=.com - broken link)
I believe you cause you are local. But did you see the article in wikipedia.com? I found it hard to believe. Happy Holiday!

Old 12-22-2008, 02:41 PM

I did not look at wikipdia - isn't that the site where anyone can add information about the topic? I never considered wikipedia as a reliable source for information.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:43 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,281,475 times
Quote:
I did not look at wikipdia - isn't that the site where anyone can add information about the topic? I never considered wikipedia as a reliable source for information.
Indeed it is. Not to mention, the link sourced for the claim that Wellington is 3rd dangerous is broken.

Wellington and "dangerous" are not typically used in the same sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach