Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:07 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

But please note, there are MILLIONS of people living their lives here in South Florida who aren't wallowing in ghettoness and constant harping on criminality.
Really? I was hoping that was the case. As many of you know, i've never been south of Ft. Myers when i've been in Florida. I'm sure when we move down there full time in a few years, I'll be able to travel throughout the state. Based on what I read here though, I'm not sure if I want to go any more south then where we bought our house.

I find it hard to believe the place is 1/10th as bad as many people here post that it is. Some here make it sound like that old movie, I think it was called "Escape from NY", where they blow up all bridges connecting NYC, and it turns into a big, lawless prison.

If you read the other Sub-forums, like Jacksonville, Tampa, etc, they are much more positive. That's too bad.........but as long as everyone abides by the TOS, I suppose you can be as positive or as negative as you like.....

Frank D.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:46 PM

207 posts, read 939,915 times
Prior to 1964 WPB was a sleepy town with a nice shopping area and many upscale traditional clothing and furniture store. More small town than tourist area. After the political ramifications of 1964, there was a gradual decline in quality of patrons and shoppers.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:30 PM

64 posts, read 176,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
I thought he was just expressing his opinion from a different perspective, too. <shrug>
He was. I was just expressing my concern for his general cardiovascular health. <shrug>

Old 12-12-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
But hey, you're the "medical professional" so what do I know? But, I think chronic anger may be a better diagnosis than agorophobia and chronic anxiety disorder. Self medicate maybe?

I would recommend Xanax or Lexapro. Better living through chemistry.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:04 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
Let's stop the sniping.......the topic seems to be WPB......

Frank D.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:20 AM

19 posts, read 65,692 times
I am a Brit and I visit Florida once a year to see my daughter who has lived in Florida for over 20 years. When I visit I always spend at least half a day in City Place and have lunch at the Cheesecake factory. I have always found City Place and Down town WPB very nice and relaxed. I prefer City place and spend more time there than down town but always take the free trolley to have a stroll there. I like City Place for the fountains. shops and restaurants.
Why do so many people on this forum spend all their time running everything down.
Is this forum overpopulated with grumpy old men and women??
Who care about the crime statistics, you can live in the safest place in the world and when you get mugged, burgled or robbed that one instance of crime is the only one that matters......... to you.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:39 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfplux View Post
Why do so many people on this forum spend all their time running everything down.
Yes, I'm beginning to think that is the case.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Because we can. Because its how we feel. Probably just as therapeutic as Vitamin X but without all of the untoward effects.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,307 times
Quote:
you can live in the safest place in the world and when you get mugged, burgled or robbed that one instance of crime is the only one that matters......... to you.
yes but people arent just getting mugged. there getting their heads blown off by ak-47s and 12 gauges because someone else wanted there money. the whole 10-20-Life thing. it makes it a better decision for the robber to kill the person cuz at least then you dont have a witness. and the thugs down here dont care. they dont care about someones life. they care about the 50 bucks in an old ladys purse. and theyll kill an old lady of that 50 bucks.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:13 PM

95 posts, read 336,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Prior to 1964 WPB was a sleepy town with a nice shopping area and many upscale traditional clothing and furniture store. More small town than tourist area. After the political ramifications of 1964, there was a gradual decline in quality of patrons and shoppers.

elitist
noun; someone who believes in rule by an elite group

WPB was an elitist society around that time. It was more about keeping people out, than anything else. Hence the popularity of gated communities in FL., today.

Somewhere along the way, we all got the notion that we are better than our neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach