Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 04:00 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,799,942 times

Advertisements

Still one of the more interesting neighborhoods in the county to me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 08:48 PM

52 posts, read 82,543 times
Northwood is really simple to understand.

Don't go above 36th St. Don't look at any addresses West of 599.. meaning don't cross over to the West side of Broadway.. don't go further North of 36th St. (South is better). BUT ... really only North of 25th (where the restaurants are to 36th St.)

You might think of looking at South of Southern (known as SOSO) for nice homes. West of Dixie is slowly (very) becoming better. More people are buying the homes and rehabbing them. But I would look East of Dixie.

If schools are important to you.. South of Southern has the best elementary school and middle school.. High School too.

College Park - Lake Worth have lovely homes, Lake Clarke Shores, and some other neighborhoods are great if you are looking for homes with character.

Contact me if you want to hear more.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:02 PM

2 posts, read 1,261 times
It is 2021 and the neighborhood has come a long way. It is a designated Historic District now. Crime is very low and you can walk around alone at night with no issues at all. The only area nearby to worry about is the thin strip between Broadway and Pinewood and even that is begining to gentrify with the huge amount of development focused around Northwood Village and Currie Park. Northwood Hills was once the premier neighborhood of West Palm in the 50's. It has some of West Palm's finest homes from 4 decades (20's thru 50's). I mean seriously, where else has a collection of Spanish Castles? There are also some smaller depression era homes. They clean up very nice and I see these becoming highly desirable starter homes. The neighborhood street layout and hills are like nothing else around. There was true neighborhood planning here. The highest points are around 47'. I feel much more comfortable here than east of broadway with sea level rise predicted at 3' by 2070. Northwood Village has become the coolest area in the city and 'the Hills' are walking distance. There is a lot of energy here the last year and I'm excited to see this neighborhood return to it's full glory in the coming years. It's already well on it's way!

Last edited by elnina; 12-31-2021 at 09:00 PM..

Old 12-22-2021, 08:27 AM

16,979 posts, read 21,620,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLnative944 View Post
It is 2021 and the neighborhood has come a long way. It is a designated Historic District now. Crime is very low and you can walk around alone at night with no issues at all. The only area nearby to worry about is the thin strip between Broadway and Pinewood and even that is begining to gentrify with the huge amount of development focused around Northwood Village and Currie Park. Northwood Hills was once the premier neighborhood of West Palm in the 50's. It has some of West Palm's finest homes from 4 decades (20's thru 50's). I mean seriously, where else has a collection of Spanish Castles? There are also some smaller depression era homes. They clean up very nice and I see these becoming highly desirable starter homes. The neighborhood street layout and hills are like nothing else around. There was true neighborhood planning here. The highest points are around 47'. I feel much more comfortable here than east of broadway with sea level rise predicted at 3' by 2070. Northwood Village has become the coolest area in the city and 'the Hills' are walking distance. There is a lot of energy here the last year and I'm excited to see this neighborhood return to it's full glory in the coming years. It's already well on it's way!
Not sure about low crime and walking around alone at night...........it ain't Mayberry.

The restaurant row has a full time police presence, they are there for a reason.

Last edited by elnina; 01-04-2022 at 10:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach