Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 05:51 AM

20 posts, read 244,624 times

Advertisements

We may be transferred to Palm Beach County. We have four kids, one is elementary age, one middle school, one high school and a baby. Where are the best schools? I'm particularly concerned with good high schools, since I believe they are harder to find.

Also, we are looking for a planned "community" type of neighborhood - could you recommend specific neighborhoods that we should be looking at?

Thanks so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 02:35 PM

363 posts, read 1,360,471 times
When I lived in Palm Beach County, my kids went to Binks Forest Elementary K-5, Wellington Landings 6-8 and Wellington HS 9-12, all were and still are excellent schools. The communities of Binks Forest, Meadow Wood and Aero Club in Western Wellington are very nice compared to Eastern or "new" Wellington in my opinion.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:20 PM

458 posts, read 598,771 times
All the schools in Jupiter have a top rating. There is a site called Great Schools that rates them. The high school got a 10, the top score.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 4,325 times
My husband is taking a job in West Palm Beach but we have family in Palm Beach Gardens. I have two boys who would be entering 5 and 7 grade and would be looking for gifted and talented program with French and Spanish and preferably IB in the public system.

Thanks GW

Old 03-01-2014, 08:13 AM

11 posts, read 27,912 times
Suncoast High School and Dreyfoos School of the Arts are both highly rated and selective. Bak Middle School would be a "feeder school" for Dreyfoos, and Suncoast attracts students from a variety of middle schools in Palm Beach County. It's not so much where they went before high school, but HOW they performed. Suncoast attracts STEM and liberal arts students, offering AP and IB programs. Dreyfoos is of course an arts school - musical, visual, performance.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:14 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,895 times
Suncoast, Drefoos : Kids have to apply and kids have to be accepted. And it's NOT EASY (btdt) to get into and very few spots available. GL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach