Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:51 PM

522 posts, read 1,610,185 times

Advertisements

My mom is 87 and has macular degeneration - so she's going blind but otherwise is in good health and could retain enough of her vision to avoid a nursing home for awhile. I am planning to move her down here into Century Village in Boca to rent a condo. I know it's affordable. Since cost is an issue, I was wondering if anyone knows anything, not only about other communities, perhaps in Delray, but also about Century in Boca. I work and won't always be able to drive her to doctors, etc. and I know they have that service at Century Village. Does anyone know if the community is friendly? Thanks so much for any input you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 02:11 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,300 times
Also check Village Royale on the Green in Boynton Beach, its very affordable I can send you a link to condos for sale. I owned there not too long ago and its very nice, don't let the prices fool you !!
Starting at $30,000. There are rentals too. And they have transportation available to Dr., grocery and whatever. Good luck

Old 01-11-2009, 02:15 PM

Thank you - please do send me the link - I live in Boynton so it would be very convenient.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie55 View Post
Thank you - please do send me the link - I live in Boynton so it would be very convenient.
On second thought, the link just shows addresses and sale price. You will not know which address is for this complex. I will DM you the realtor who sends me the list of condos for sale. The complex is on Gateway and route 95, we lived in Building 7 -- we liked it alot !!

Old 01-21-2009, 03:15 PM

693 posts, read 2,176,444 times
Is your heart set on Boca? If not, right on the border of Boca and Deerfield is Century Village East. They have a much better Condo Association, and an excellent reputation.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:01 PM

NO,not really. I was told Boca was better because it was more manicured, had nicer landscaping etc. What do you mean about the condo association? How is it better?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:58 AM

2 posts, read 16,213 times
Default Century Village Boca

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie55 View Post
NO,not really. I was told Boca was better because it was more manicured, had nicer landscaping etc. What do you mean about the condo association? How is it better?
I don't know anything about Century Village Deerfield, but Boca is absolutely lovely and the people cannot be nicer. Of course, it is what you want to make it and you have to want to meet people. The pool is the place to be there. My parents who lived in NY became snowbirds at Century Village Boca in 1996. They hated to come back after the winters, but missed the family. My dad passed away in June, and my mom was so much better when she got down to her condo. Pool during the day... out to dinner and shows at night. And,she does not drive but it is not a problem. The buses leave for the clubhouse from every group of buildings and from the clubhouse, you can take the bus to major shopping. They keep adding new routes. For the price, this place is a blessing. I guess the homeowner associations differ based on which buildings you are in. My mom is in Mansfield. They have a social club, the grounds are immaculate and the neighbors are really wonderful. My mom came down a month earlier than usual since she didn't want to be in NY after my dad died. The neighbor below her immediately rang her bell when she heard walking above her. She wanted to make sure nobody broke in

Old 08-30-2009, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 13,043 times
Default opinions

could you tell me the difference between west palm, deerfield, boca. I am looking for a friendly religious place. Which buildings in boca are near the synagogue. I check out w. palm not thrilled, deerfield not bad. someone help.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:10 PM

Village Royale on the Green in Boynton is primarily Jewish and has a synagogue within a block, I lived there for several years, very nice complex. Good Luck

Old 08-30-2009, 09:40 PM

439 posts, read 1,748,535 times
There is a synagogue (possibly 2?) right inside Century Village Boca. I just don't know which buildings are right by it. I can see one of the synagogues from Lyons Road. There is also another Orthodox synagogue in the shopping center across the street. Our 90 year old Nana lives in CVB. Both the county bus and the "Red and Tan" as it's been called have regular routes around the area. The people are what you make of it. When Nana first moved there back in 2005, she wasn't necessarily welcomed with open arms. We found it to be almost like middle school with how some people acted. But she's made a few more friends now--the ones that were kinda rejected by others--and is doing better. She doesn't do the outings that are arranged by Century Village all that much because she doesn't sleep well at night and they start the activities too early in the morning for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach