Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:20 AM

522 posts, read 1,610,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Compared to New York City (I lived in Staten Island) the Doctors down here in Florida are terrible. I haven't found one I like yet. I love Florida and would never go back but the two biggest negatives down here for me and my family is doctors and crime......
I have heard that from many new yorkers. One lady told me she and several of her friends fly back to new york for medical care if it's something they think is serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 12:44 PM

4 posts, read 18,311 times
Joanie,

First Dr. Ojea is an awesome Dr. We went to him for years until he stopped accepting our Humana PPO plan. We switched to Dr. David Simon and it turns out they are friends and cover for each other. He accepts our Humana PPO but I can't speak for HMO plans. Dr. Simon will kinda of tell you like he see's it so if you need to be coddled you might not like him as much but he really is a good guy. He loves golf and baseball, especially the Marlin's so if you work that into the subject it helps break the ice.

Dr. Simon
101 South Federal Highway
Lake Worth, FL 33460
561-582-4151

Old 01-20-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v65infla View Post
Joanie,

First Dr. Ojea is an awesome Dr. We went to him for years until he stopped accepting our Humana PPO plan. We switched to Dr. David Simon and it turns out they are friends and cover for each other. He accepts our Humana PPO but I can't speak for HMO plans. Dr. Simon will kinda of tell you like he see's it so if you need to be coddled you might not like him as much but he really is a good guy. He loves golf and baseball, especially the Marlin's so if you work that into the subject it helps break the ice.

Dr. Simon
101 South Federal Highway
Lake Worth, FL 33460
561-582-4151
Thank you so much. I'm originally from St. Louis so I love baseball, thanks for the tip. Coddled is nice, but competent, thorough and HUMAN is what's really important to me.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:40 AM

14 posts, read 44,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie55 View Post
I posted this thread once before and a couple of you recommended Dr. Joseph Ojea in Boynton Beach but he does not take my health plan, which is Humana - the worst plan ever! Someone else recommended Dr. Joel Silverman but he is not seeing new patients until March. I can't wait that long. I have severe pain in my legs 24-7 and my lousy doctor after me complaining for over a year finally did a lower extremities ultrasound which I was told was normal. I am only 54 and am practically unable to walk at this point. In addition, I got bronchitis about 3 months ago which did not respond to antibiotics and now is worse and I am having severe trouble breathing and this doctor does nothing about it. If I don't find a decent doctor to go to and soon, I will be forced to leave Florida so I can get medical care.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you
Try Dr Paul Diamond. He is in West Boca medical center on 441 between Glades & Palmetto. If you need further info e-mail me directly.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Las View Post
Try Dr Paul Diamond. He is in West Boca medical center on 441 between Glades & Palmetto. If you need further info e-mail me directly.
thank you. Just got back on line after moving to a different condo.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:22 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Compared to New York City (I lived in Staten Island) the Doctors down here in Florida are terrible. I haven't found one I like yet. I love Florida and would never go back but the two biggest negatives down here for me and my family is doctors and crime......
Not to mention what homeowners insurance will cost there after the next big hurricane smashes the place to bits.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:44 AM

132 posts, read 229,722 times
My experience is the medical care down here is horrendous!! I had a doctor not notify me there was a spot on my lung xray for 2 years! When I questioned her she said she never got the report. I asked why she didn't follow up and she said that was the nurse's job. Horrible malpractice! And the nurses and ancillary workers tend to be highly uneducated. It used to be you needed a degree to be a nurse. Now I think it's a GED and a 6 week course. You might have better luck with a holistic practitioner.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM

Well I did finally find a good docor but her staff sucks. It takes months to get a referral out of them, they are completely incompetent. But what are you gonna do? Leave Florida is what i hope to do. Thanks to all who responded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach