Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 07:55 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me good/bad???

we are coming to look in April..

Thank You in Advance...and if anyone has a realtor recommendation can you pls DM me..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 10:39 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Mission Bay is a large suburban West Boca neighborhood. It's not a bad place for a family. There's not that much to say, you haven't really given any specific criteria on what you want.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:45 AM

we are looking to Rent at 1st possibly, our range is 2000-2700 a month...if we buy we are looking between 350k-400k

we want to stay in the West Boca HS district..my son will be entering 9th grade and my Daughter will be in 4th..WE are looking at Waters Edge Elem, Sunrise Park, and Sandpiper Shores...however I do prefer Waters Edge or Sunrise....and Loggers Middle School...

Is there alot to do for family's....we are looking for a community that allows us to be social, meet people etc as well as the kids..my son is a swimmer and my daughter Cheers...

Old 02-15-2009, 10:54 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
we are looking to Rent at 1st possibly, our range is 2000-2700 a month...if we buy we are looking between 350k-400k

we want to stay in the West Boca HS district..my son will be entering 9th grade and my Daughter will be in 4th..WE are looking at Waters Edge Elem, Sunrise Park, and Sandpiper Shores...however I do prefer Waters Edge or Sunrise....and Loggers Middle School...

Is there alot to do for family's....we are looking for a community that allows us to be social, meet people etc as well as the kids..my son is a swimmer and my daughter Cheers...
Greatschools.net has all the info on the schools that you'd want. There's nothing wrong with any of those subdivisions. However I'm not sure about what you'd experience socially, people in Boca are not usually known to be the nicest and a social life can be virtually nonexistent in some of those suburban communities from what I hear. Someone on here said that they got depressed living in Boca due to not having any friends there but they said when they moved to Port Saint Lucie (in St. Lucie County, FL, more north) their neighbors were really nice.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:59 AM

439 posts, read 1,748,535 times
You really can't go wrong with the schools in West Boca. Waters Edge is actually ranked in the top 10 in the state (in regards to test scores), but most of that has to do with them being a gifted cluster. There are at least 2 girls in my daughter's dance class that go to Waters Edge and the parents seem to be pretty pleased.

If you have your kids involved in activties, then you MIGHT make more friends. All in all, I don't find the area to be very social. I'm actually heavily involved in Girl Scouts and have met a number of nice people. However, I would only consider a handful of them to be friends.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona25 View Post
You really can't go wrong with the schools in West Boca. Waters Edge is actually ranked in the top 10 in the state (in regards to test scores), but most of that has to do with them being a gifted cluster. There are at least 2 girls in my daughter's dance class that go to Waters Edge and the parents seem to be pretty pleased.

If you have your kids involved in activties, then you MIGHT make more friends. All in all, I don't find the area to be very social. I'm actually heavily involved in Girl Scouts and have met a number of nice people. However, I would only consider a handful of them to be friends.

great, its not social here either..extremely clicky, and well people are nice but no one socializes outside of thier developments...we have some good friends here, but not what we expected..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach