Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 04:16 PM

207 posts, read 938,024 times

Advertisements

I love the WPB and south Florida life. I was about to list all 0f my favorites, but after some thought, decided not to, I really do not want anymore people to move here. Especially Northerners. This area is not good enough for them, and I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 02:18 PM

202 posts, read 1,006,453 times
Nice weather?! It's crappy hot and humid and rainy for more than half of the year!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM

19 posts, read 95,325 times
I'm from Michigan, lived for 8 years in Chicago, then moved to south Florida. I moved away from south FL a few months back to accept a really good job in Michigan, but I grew to love south FL and hope to return someday. (The north is lovely an Michigan is unique, but to each their own). And here are my reasons to love south Florida!

The weather (I like the heat and humidity! Those who don't like heat will dislike the summers in south Florida for sure. Personally, I find the northern winters too long, gray and depressing... and snow is a horrible thing to deal with on a commute to work. Never had to scrape my car at 6am in zero degrees in Florida...!).

Flip-flops & summer clothes year-round. Love to wear my comfortable summer dresses and tank tops. Granted, I had to wear a lot of sunblock, but it's worth it.

Biking & swimming outdoors year-round (and running/biking road races, triathlons, etc. galore year round)

Happy hour on the beach!! Nothing like a Corona on the beach at 5pm on Friday. The beach in general was great. Sea turtles, warm water, aquatic creatures, etc. Watch out for jellyfish though.

Palm Beach Zoo (small and cute and great for little ones) and lots of other museums/cultural centers/zoos/nature centers.

Close to Disney

Close to the Keys

The sky (the colors of the sunrises/sunsets; gorgeous daily. So beautiful and a great start/finish to any Florida day)

South Beach Food & Wine Festival (fun stuff if you like the Food Network like I do.)

The wildlife (the many birds are spectacular, and big iguanas lived next to my apartment. The little lizards are kind of cute and silly.)

The plants and trees
(I love palm trees, tropical plants, and being able to cultivate my own orchid collection. And I loved that something is always in colorful bloom. The hibiscus (sp?) are always pretty)

Lots of pro sports to watch (hockey, basketball, football, tennis events, etc etc)

Plenty of urban activity (no it's not Chicago or New York, but culture can be found, lots of dining and nightlife depending on where you are)

Thunderstorms year round (ok, no, I did not like the hurricanes. But the big thunderstorms were kind of cool... I like to sit inside and read and listen to a booming thunderstorm. And no snow!)

Ok, I'm going to stop because it's 5pm on Friday and I need to get outta here. But hope this helps show you that south Florida can be a gorgeous place to live. Very different from the north in my opinion, but great!!

Last edited by sunshine girl2; 05-15-2009 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: I repeated myself, needed to fix.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:42 PM

623 posts, read 1,299,344 times
I just have to add how much I love the above post. I could almost cry. Florida is so beautiful.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:25 PM

16 posts, read 18,534 times
Nothing

Old 05-16-2009, 12:35 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,330,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
Nothing
Either of these might help you. You may have heard of either. One runs all the way to Maine, the other, to Michigan:

Old 05-16-2009, 12:36 PM

16,899 posts, read 16,047,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza bob View Post
nothing
roflmao!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2009, 02:22 PM
m5*

166 posts, read 658,445 times
I miss the Palm Beaches!

No state tax, smooth roads, no traffic compared to NY, pools, beautiful landscaping, good shopping, PUBLIX, Juno Beach, Dubois Park, the open and free feeling on South Beach, Disney is soooo close, the laid back people that don't have crap attitudes...I could go on and on. I've been gone for 6 years and will be returning by the end of the year but the day I leave NY will not come soon enough.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:51 PM

19 posts, read 95,325 times
Oh yes, as a previous poster mentioned... the lack of state income taxes in Florida is something to love!! That was nice! It was sure a bummer to move to Michigan and have to hand over another 4.35 percent of my salary. Uggghhh!!

Old 05-17-2009, 06:16 AM

466 posts, read 925,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-201 View Post
Nice weather?! It's crappy hot and humid and rainy for more than half of the year!!!

Wait ! ! Florida is "Crappy" ??

Dude ! !............ you live in New Jersey ! !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach