Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:44 PM

207 posts, read 939,915 times

Advertisements

Palm Beach County has 3 bad crime areas. They are Riviera Beach, Belle Glade/Pahokee and western Delray beach. I moved here from Atlanta and the crime and traffic are NOTHING like Atlanta. Just avoid thr Black areas and you will find west Palm Beash wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 10:39 AM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Palm Beach County has 3 bad crime areas. They are Riviera Beach, Belle Glade/Pahokee and western Delray beach. I moved here from Atlanta and the crime and traffic are NOTHING like Atlanta. Just avoid thr Black areas and you will find west Palm Beash wonderful.
you mean south delray, off of atlantic ave. and along with those areas, boynton beach(in between 95 and US1), pretty much all of lake worth(especially the southside), the very south end and the very north end of lantana, greenacres(anywhere), and even parts of wellington. lake worth is on its way to having the highest crime rate in the county.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Wow, I posted this thread a long ass time ago! Interesting to see that people are still responding to it, even after it seemed like it was lost and buried forever.

Anyway, West Delray is not dangerous. It's mostly old retired people. The most dangerous part is possibly getting run over by one of them because you're using a cross walk and they don't see you. The eastern part of Delray Beach is where most of the crime, and ironically, the wealth is.

And there are barrios to avoid as well. They used to be the bad redneck areas.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:29 AM

207 posts, read 939,915 times
I stand corrected, The part of delray south of Atlantic is the bad area, not western. I think the rest of Delray is GREAT!

Old 04-28-2009, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 13,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Does anyone think the crime in PBC is getting worse and worse? Palm Beach County is supposed to be the 15th most dangerous U.S. city now and has higher crime rates than Miami. How did PBC get like this all of a sudden in the past few years?
Cost of living is increasing in miami and getting to crowded so they move north.Also alot of people come to palm beach from miami to do crimes.I am sure the economy has alot to do with it to.It still is tame from when I grew up here.I am a florida homer so I have seen this county grow from wood to a huge city.Also do forget to factor in media their is alot more then their was befor so u hear about alot more stuff.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 13,494 times
Also 85% of neighborhoods east of I-95 and west Dixie or federal highway are bad neighborhood since they are old community and cost of living is low.East of Dixie Hwy and federal is rich area and cops don't play in those area.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,752 times
All the shootings and murders are 99% confined to their own neighborhood, and they are killing their own not us.

Just stay away from them (you don't need to go there for anything) if you can carry a weapon. Example, my daughter is a attorney and carries a 9mm glock in a shoulder holster. While in a parking garage she saw three bangers walking her way. She just stopped and turned to them and said "I really would go the other way if I was you", as she displayed her weapon. They promptly just turned around and left.

Now like I said she has been a attorney for 18 years, has three teen children, and isn't afraid to take on confrontation as she had many death threats when she was a DA.

So is West Palm Beach safe? Of course it is, just stay away from areas that are known to be trouble, just like any other place in the country. No big deal. Use your head people!

Old 04-29-2009, 12:19 AM

326 posts, read 1,169,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
Yea, ive lived in lantana since i was like 3, and for the past 14 years have seen steadily getting worse. along with most of the other cities in pbc. and yes riviera and/or belle glade are the worst cities in pbc.
I feel like people get the wrong conception of Belle Glade/ Pahokee. Yea it might be poor. But for the most part their alot of lower middle class hard workers out there. The crime rates are not even bad out there. Their are many places that have worst crime rates in PBC. It;s like anyother small town tight nit community. Now if your not from there you got a good chance of getting robbed. But deffenitely not the worst place in PBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
you mean south delray, off of atlantic ave. and along with those areas, boynton beach(in between 95 and US1), pretty much all of lake worth(especially the southside), the very south end and the very north end of lantana, greenacres(anywhere), and even parts of wellington. lake worth is on its way to having the highest crime rate in the county.
Wellington?! Bro don't get me wrong PBC got hoods that are getting worst everyday but Wellington is deff not one of them.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:09 PM

40 posts, read 159,865 times
I moved to WPB in the early 80's and have seen first hand the change. At one time yes it was a really nice place to live, not that much traffic, really mellow atmosphere. In the 90's it seemed like criminals from up north and other states found this beautiful place to hide out and stayed, well those people have kids now and have raised there kids how they were raised and it just snowballed. When I was in school I remember a group of friends who were running from the cops in NY and coincidentally ran into each other in WPB, and guess what they were doin in WPB? (nothing good) I have moved from WPB over 10 yrs now and you couldnt pay me to move back there now. Especially since now the "gangsta" mentality seems to be the cool thing now.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:12 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahbuddy View Post
I moved to WPB in the early 80's and have seen first hand the change. At one time yes it was a really nice place to live, not that much traffic, really mellow atmosphere. In the 90's it seemed like criminals from up north and other states found this beautiful place to hide out and stayed, well those people have kids now and have raised there kids how they were raised and it just snowballed. When I was in school I remember a group of friends who were running from the cops in NY and coincidentally ran into each other in WPB, and guess what they were doin in WPB? (nothing good) I have moved from WPB over 10 yrs now and you couldnt pay me to move back there now. Especially since now the "gangsta" mentality seems to be the cool thing now.

That's funny, cause, the crime rate in West Palm Beach (and Florida) was a LOT higher in the 1980s and 1990s than it is today. Oh yeah, and the numbers were recently released for 2008:

Crime up in Broward, down in Palm Beach County, FDLE says
Jump in property crimes tied to poor economy, officials say

By Brian Haas and Jerome Burdi | South Florida Sun Sentinel
5:33 PM EDT, April 17, 2009
Crime in 2008 rose slightly in Broward County and dipped a bit in Palm Beach County, according to new statistics released Friday by the state.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement released its annual crime statistics, which show a slight drop in overall crime statewide in 2008, with notable jumps in property crimes. Those types of crimes also hurt Broward County, which saw rises in burglaries and larcenies, despite a general drop in violent crimes.

Every category of crime except murders decreased in Palm Beach County in 2008. The number of murders remained the same at 96, according to the report.

The numbers aren't surprising, said Richard Mangan, professor of criminology at Florida Atlantic University. He said the small jumps and decreases show a normal fluctuation in crimes, as opposed to any emerging crime trend.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,6853797.story

Give you about three guesses as to what particular socio-racial-economic group "the murders" were concentrated amongst as well.*

Oh well. I guess "the good ole days" are always more in our heads than in reality.

* Here ya go: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/databases/pbc_murders_2008.html (broken link)

Last edited by TriMT7; 04-30-2009 at 02:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach