Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:32 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,104 times

Advertisements

The first year I lived in Florida, I had to force an angry drunk out of my apartment with a shotgun. This was in Juno.....Got attacked on my bicycle in Riviera going to work, and had to duck for cover at my job while the whole Riviera PD got ready to shoot it out with an armed crackhead right inside the building. I grew up in Philly and go to my Wifes family in New York regularly, their criminals are kids stuff compared to the scum here in WPB. This goes for the non-politicians, too Don't waste a post telling me to go back, already got that covered
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:29 AM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,307 times
yea, people dont understand that just because its not a big city with 20 story projects in it that its not bad. the gangsters here are out to prove how gangster they are. they will kill somebody for the street cred. then there are the angry ones, the ones that havent eaten for a few days, theyll take their first chance at any cash they can get.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:20 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
yea, people dont understand that just because its not a big city with 20 story projects in it that its not bad. the gangsters here are out to prove how gangster they are. they will kill somebody for the street cred. then there are the angry ones, the ones that havent eaten for a few days, theyll take their first chance at any cash they can get.
I was with you until the not eating part. Don't you mean haven't gotten high or drunk? Or is it that the few bucks they had went on dope or booze?

I understand the sociological complexities but I don't necessarily buy into the whole too poor to eat so I'm a banger thing...

Starving people aren't ridiculously violent. I'm from Philly and our most violent muggers are those on a binge. Usually speed or crack, like anywhere else, no?

Old 05-04-2009, 10:28 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
The first year I lived in Florida, I had to force an angry drunk out of my apartment with a shotgun. This was in Juno.....Got attacked on my bicycle in Riviera going to work, and had to duck for cover at my job while the whole Riviera PD got ready to shoot it out with an armed crackhead right inside the building. I grew up in Philly and go to my Wifes family in New York regularly, their criminals are kids stuff compared to the scum here in WPB. This goes for the non-politicians, too Don't waste a post telling me to go back, already got that covered

Ditto you on PHilly. I'm from there too. Our violent criminals are normally much more random and infrequent and most of the violent crime is contained and explainable.

Remember that guy who was randomly walking in stores punching out the clerks for no reason at all in Society Hill/ Washington Sq a couple of years ago? Some idiot flying around on PCP.

Years of use of this crap escalates the violence committed. I've read studies that claim it's the predisposition to psychosis that causes the violence not the drugs but I dont think I buy that. I took a percoset ONE TIME for a neck spasm and wanted to pick the worst fight with my BF LOL.

I guess I understand saying WPB when it's mostly Riviera Beach and spillover. My aunt lived in WPB since the 60's and it was just as described, sleepy and maybe not upscale but definitely not violent or dangerous. Then again my kid lived downtown and had no problems at all. so the poster saying that the cops dont tolerate any crap in certain areas was right.

the first week he moved there a patrol car pulled up to him in his driveway unloading stuff...and asked if he saw an individual and asked him to call if he did. he thought omg here we go I'm in a crack neighborhood (Grandview Heights lol) but nothing ever came of it and he lived there a couple years without any incident. Once I think some guy punched a person in the face downtown and stole his bike.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,255 times
man liberty city, opa-locka, and overtown is all i gotta say..... palm beach county is a is gutta & hood but come on man be real..... robberies, shot-outs, murders, car jacks...... Do u really have to constantly look into your rear view when your in P.B.S. man?

Old 05-20-2009, 10:35 PM

326 posts, read 1,169,667 times
P.B.S.? Public Brodcasting System? No I do not think anywhere in Palm Beach is worst than the hoods Miami. Yea I know what you mean but Palm Beach is just on a smaller scale. Opa-Locka=Riviera Beach, Liberty City=Northwood, Overtown= Slump City. Palm Beach don't have as many hoods as Miami-Dade either. I saw an interesting article that had the dangerous metro's rankings. It's a better representation because it includes the hoods outside of the proper cities like Riviera Beach for West Palm and Opa-Locka for Miami. Strangely Miami's metro only included the county of Miami-Dade and it was ranked 2nd behind Detroit. Palm Beach County was 14th just before Philadelphia. No Broward! I don't look over my back in Palm Beach or Miami-Dade. But if I'm in the hood or close by in either county I do.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:51 AM

10 posts, read 35,352 times
DARN RIGHT PARTNER...PALM BEACH IS ON FIRE

Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
I wonder what crime stats would like like in Palm Beach County if you carved out Riviera Beach and the North end of West Palm Beach?

Old 05-21-2009, 03:11 PM

186 posts, read 794,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Just avoid thr Black areas and you will find west Palm Beash wonderful.
Why was this remark not deleted by moderators when it was first posted?

The poster needs to find another type of forum altogether.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:05 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,307 times
There are many hoods in Palm Beach County that are worse than liberty city or opa-locka. Go to belle glade, pahokee, 6th st(Downtown west palm), Blue Heron or MLK in riviera, South Lake Worth, East Delray, or Cherry Hill in boynton. I've been to the pork and beans projects. The other reason you could say there worse is because there more populated. which means more people standing on corners or in the street. It get real erie here after like 10:00 in the ghettos. Nobodies out, and if they are they're probably looking for a quick come up on some cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach