Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 11:11 PM

70 posts, read 222,154 times

Advertisements

I am moving to WBP area in a few weeks and will need to find a place to rent/buy fairly fast. We are definitely focusing on the Flamingo Park and South Olive areas, but since there are relatively few homes for sale in those areas I am also looking at Jupiter Farms. What about PBCE and Singer Island? Does anyone know what schools are associated with those areas? And with two small children, a desire to be near the beach, and to avoid HOA's would those areas be good for us? Many thanks for any help! I've gotten some great info from members on my previous posts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 12:25 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,681 times
Singer Island is expensive and is bordered by one of the worst areas of PB County. PBCE and the Farms are both nice but further from the beach, the Farms being further than PBCE. If the beach is important I'd look into other neighborhoods in Jupiter or Palm Beach Gardens. What's your price range and how many bedrooms are you looking for?

If a 20 min drive to the beach is acceptable, I'd say stick with the Farms or PBCE which are 2 of my ideal neighborhoods to live in. Good prices, lots of land, and nice sized homes. The Farms has one of the best elementary schools in the state. The other schools are all "A rated" as far as I know. The one negative for some people in both neighborhoods are the dirt roads.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:56 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Palm Beach Country Estates is an area where you can get a lot of land with your house. It's not a gated subdivision, it doesn't have an HOA, it has unique and mostly custom (larger and newer) homes. A plus of PBCE is the access to the highway, Abacoa, and other amenities on Donald Ross. 15 minutes to the ocean, I'd average.

Singer Island itself is nice. As m5 mentioned above, however, one end of the Island is accessed by Riviera Beach, which is run down and crime ridden (this area which bleeds into the "north end" of WPB is responsible for such a disproportionate amount of PBC's crime statistics). The other end, however, is accessed by PGA Blvd. and Palm Beach Gardens, one of the nicest areas.

Singer Island has Palm Beach Shores, a nice neighborhood, but $$$. Insurance costs will definitely be higher on the Island as well. Significantly higher. PBCE's insurance costs will be lower because it is West of I-95.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:21 PM

Thanks for your answers! It really helps to get an inside scoop. I think we like the school for PBCE better but it would be awesome to be closer to the beach. After talking with my husband he would definitely prefer to be closer to work and thought JFarms was too far out. So I am really hoping that we can get something in Flamingo Park...

Quote:
If the beach is important I'd look into other neighborhoods in Jupiter or Palm Beach Gardens. What's your price range and how many bedrooms are you looking for?
We would be willing to spend a little more on an older, character home in a historic neighborhood. I'd say we'd look at houses in the 300-350K range in PBCE and in the 350-450 range in a historic neighborhood. Need at least 3 bedrooms 1.5 baths.

Are there any historic neighborhoods in between Jupiter and WBP??

Old 05-10-2009, 07:03 PM

Your price range will definitely get you something in Flamingo Park right now. Also maybe in El Cid or Southland Park.

There is a historic portion of Lake Park to look at as well.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:24 PM

I will definitely check out Lake Park and El Cid and Southland Park. El Cid seemed pretty pricey but I will keep looking. Do you know if most of the rentals in Flamingo Park are through realtors? We need to rent something ASAP because work starts on June 15th. We need to rent in the same area that we are going to buy so we can enroll our daughter in school...

Old 05-10-2009, 08:18 PM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,681 times
There are no historic homes in Jupiter or PBG but as TriMT7 stated, Flamingo Park is a great historic neighborhood. I think it's beautiful over there!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayetz View Post
I will definitely check out Lake Park and El Cid and Southland Park. El Cid seemed pretty pricey but I will keep looking. Do you know if most of the rentals in Flamingo Park are through realtors? We need to rent something ASAP because work starts on June 15th. We need to rent in the same area that we are going to buy so we can enroll our daughter in school...
The Palm Beach Post has a good site for looking for properties for both sale and rent:

Welcome | Florida Home

It's good because you can narrow a search by specific neighborhood. (Also, you may want to expand your search into FLamingo Park's immediate neighbors besides El Cid -- Sunshine Park and Grandview Heights).

I also recommend Craigslist. Or, simply going through the neighborhood and looking at the properties with "For Rent" signs in front of them.

classifieds - craigslist

Old 05-11-2009, 11:22 AM

That Florida Homes site is great because it also lists the school for each address. I already found a couple of good ones. Thanks for sending that link... I also found a couple on Craigslist so I am going to start making calls today. Yay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach