Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:20 PM

186 posts, read 794,459 times

Advertisements

True. I live in a small, older neighborhood in Wellington which has a self-governing HOA. It doesn't work perfectly 100% of the time but does help keep things rather orderly and the fees are quite low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 05:22 PM

186 posts, read 794,459 times
Whoops!.....double post!

Last edited by Bugnubs; 06-03-2009 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: double post

Old 03-10-2010, 10:57 AM

8 posts, read 26,402 times
much thx 4 the info.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:12 PM

15 posts, read 47,775 times
In Lake Worth......Lake Charleston, Winston Trails, and Smith Farms. All nice and within 200K price range. Good area, good schools, great prices, older communities with fewer foreclosures.

Wellington is great too. Don't agree with a lot of the posts. Everywhere in Florida has foreclosures, cash poor owners where people bought them up in the boom. The schools are excellent, Binks Forest and Equestrian Trails are great elementary schools, Emerald Cove Middle and Palm Beach Central are the best in the area....

Old 04-15-2010, 02:40 PM

33 posts, read 51,131 times
We just moved here from GA and are renting for now. We are in a gated community called Village Walk and we love it. It feeds to Equestrian Trails elem, Emerald Cove middle and palm beach high. It does seem more expensive to rent here vs owning but we wanted to check out the area before we purchased. We also looked in Black Diamond and it seemed nice at first but there are numerous foreclosures and vacant homes, this concerned us because we wanted other children for ours to play with. Even during the weekend we never seen children in there. We also looked at non gated communities in Old Wellington and loved it, however by the time we put in an offer it was gone. I would recommend getting a realtor to help you, ours was wonderful with information and would higly recommend. We would not have been able to do it by ourselves, we tried for several weeks with no luck. Hope this helps

Old 04-27-2010, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,649 times
i am thinking about moving to wellington with my husband and 3 kids all at the ages of 5, 4, and 7 months old, however i am unsure about what to buy, whether i should buy preconstruction or something a few years old. also we were thinking maybe oakmont estates but people have told me that there were some issues a few years ago and stopped building but now continued. SOME ADVISE PLEASE

Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 AM

114 posts, read 449,224 times
Check out Versailles.

You can research on this forum all about Oakmont. The new construction in Oakmont is not the same quality as the orginal construction - second story is wood construction vs. CMU, etc.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:28 PM

3 posts, read 5,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobstar View Post
Check out Versailles.

You can research on this forum all about Oakmont. The new construction in Oakmont is not the same quality as the orginal construction - second story is wood construction vs. CMU, etc.
Surprised to hear that about Oakmont - but I take your word for it.

I will say that Versailles may be for some people, but it most certainly not for us. The houses there have lovely facades, and the bathrooms have nice features, but on the whole the interiors are fairly bland and poorly laid out, and the developer obviously extracted every square inch of space on the property for buildling homes. Unlike certain other communities in the newer part of Wellington, it looks like very little green space or water was allocated in the developers plans, which means you basically have your neighbor right on top of you with very little privacy unless you happen to have one of the premium lots sitting on a lake. For me, Versailles seems like more ostentatious and the appearance of money than real quality construction and architecture. We are still exploring our options in Wellington but we actually took Versailles off of our list.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:55 PM

69 posts, read 226,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray_Dude View Post
Although I live in Wellington (a mile from that White Coral address actually), I have only been in this apartment for a few months so I don't know the specific high crime areas etc. That house however is in an area I call "older" -- where the area and houses show signs of needing repair/maintenance, though each individual house can be significantly different. And I still think wellington is a very decent area. It's nice to see people of all ages walking/exercising, outside of any gated community.

I agree with M5 that you should look at it. Make viewing appointments for a number of places, then schedule a trip here and see if it's for you. And talk to a couple realtors as it's amazing how opinions differ.

BTW, I should mention that wellington (this area) gets really poor cellphone reception, and that is an issue for me as I work from home often.

What service do you have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach