Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 9,886 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone - I am new to West Palm Beach and am trying to find out if there are any artsy, hipster hangout places in town to chill out at. Now, from what I've gathered I don't expect West Palm to cater to a progressive, alternative, creative population (and by young I mean 25+), but am still curious to hear if there are any places off the radar I should check out.

So far, Howley's on South Dixie seems like a diner with a pretty cool vibe - am however interested in bars, coffee shops, cafes, even restaurants with an edge.

As for other stuff, downtown Lake Worth has an intersting independent cinema, and there is another one in North Palm Beach.

As much as I appreciate the presence of Clematis Street, I am looking for something more individual and less 'mainstream' if you wish. And possibly in the WPB area. Oh, I am also aware of Respectables but as good as having that is, it is just a generic rock bar on Clematis. There is also a hookah lounge in downtown near the Whitney building - anyone have any experience with that?

I don't mean to come across as picky or anything nor do I hope this thread will devolve into anything but suggestions (or lack thereof) of places aimed at the 'less mainstream' crowd. So, if you know anything, do post and I would be forever appreciative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 05:22 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,980,902 times
^^ Where is the indy cinema in North Palm ?

Old 06-14-2009, 05:33 PM

2 posts, read 9,886 times
It's actually in Lake Park, called Mos'Art Theatre (mosarttheatre.com). Not been there yet so no idea what it's like, but, meh, better than not having it.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:13 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,980,902 times
^^^ I'll let you know !
Thanks for the heads up

Old 06-14-2009, 06:16 PM

162 posts, read 679,153 times
I think you covered most of the places I'm familiar with in central and north PBC. Might want to check out Kevro Art Bar (www.kevroart.com) in downtown Delray and Dada's (Dada Restaurant) in downtown Delray...

One would think there would be more around FAU in Boca (big college campus and all that) but the only place I know that you might dig is the Funky Buddah hookah lounge.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:38 PM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,472 times
Mos Art is cool. I also love Respectables.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:19 PM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,472 times
Too Bizarre in Jupiter is a good spot to hit up as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach