Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 08:09 AM

11 posts, read 41,802 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Palm Beach County from the Miami area. I have a 2 year old and one on the way. We are considering Porto Sol by Minto. Does anyone have recent information on this community?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 AM

162 posts, read 679,493 times
Decent central location, school are good (Royal Palm Beach Elem and High, Crestwood Middle). Minto (the developer) has dropped their prices and is offering smaller homes to keep the price down. Don't think there is much in terms of foreclosures, which is a good thing.

The biggest issue with the community is the number of vacant lots. Its going to take some time before the community is built out. Most of these lots are in the front of the community, which becomes an aesthetic issue. There is also a risk that the developer sells the lots to another entity, which might delay further development...

Old 06-16-2009, 12:27 PM

4 posts, read 22,126 times
In addition to Native51's comments - my husband and I looked into Porto Sol because we were also looking at Olympia (same builder - Minto), and the agent at Olympia told me that they are saving money at Porto Sol by constructing the second floor of the homes with all wood flooring vs. concrete that they used in Olympia. This may not be a huge issue for you, but for us it was. We are both from up north and the majority of homes are wood frames with wood floors and after a few years every step you take on a wood floor creates some form of crick or creek noise.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 AM

8 posts, read 26,402 times
much thx 4 the info.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:32 AM

4 posts, read 16,151 times
You might want to consider a resale in Madison Green. Minto community, Great Schools, nice community feel. I know Porto Sol has a lot of vacant lots, and it is too close to 441 for me. Too much traffic in the morning. Madison Green is just west of Port Sol. Check it out!!!

Old 07-10-2010, 01:10 AM

2 posts, read 5,820 times
Fyi we bought in march and we only have wood in the roof trusses. Everything else in concrete, block, or steel.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:19 PM

69 posts, read 226,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkimsal View Post
We are moving to Palm Beach County from the Miami area. I have a 2 year old and one on the way. We are considering Porto Sol by Minto. Does anyone have recent information on this community?

Thanks.

My husband and I recently decided to move to Olympia (Minto development in Wellington which is the next town over). www.mintofla.com We first looked at Royal Palm but after visiting the schools and doing much research we found that the RPB schools are not as good as the Wellington schools, especially the MS & HS. You'll pay about 30-40K more for the same home in Olympia but your children will be in good/safe schools. www.schooldigger.com This is one of teh sites we used for research. Like I said we also met with the staff and while they were nice the schools were scary. We figured we'd rather buy iin a better area and pay more for that then pay for private school. Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach