Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 AM

4 posts, read 22,131 times

Advertisements

Anyone have insight on Bella Terra in Royal Palm Beach, FL? My husband and I are considering a home there, but we don't know much about that community.

We have also looked in Madison Green and I love it there.

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 AM

11 posts, read 41,815 times
Are there any good buys at Madison Green? We are moving to the area as well. Have you looked at Porto Sol?

Old 06-19-2009, 04:59 AM

4 posts, read 22,131 times
There seem to be good deals everywhere, but people are starting to buy again, so you pretty much have to come in w/ your highest and best offer. We put a bid on a house in Madison Green and lost the home. I really like that community. We looked at Porto Sol, but the builder isn't constructing the homes as well as we would like. They are building the floors of the second floor out of wood, instead of concrete.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:39 PM

11 posts, read 41,815 times
Did you look at homes at Bella Terra? Have you looked at any other communities? We want to move to that area as well. We're looking at PortoSol this weekend, but I think we'll get a better deal on a resale. Have you looked at communites in Wellington?

Old 07-12-2009, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 7,093 times
I've been living in Madison Green since early 2003 and it's a great community. Porto Sol is not far from where we are and it's shaping up to be nice too. The only issue I have with Porto Sol is traffic. It's in front of a high school and sits next to a shopping plaza (Target, Radio Shack, etc.). The same is to be said about Bella Terra except for the traffic is worse there. Bella Terra is near two shopping plazas, one is in front of it (Wal-Mart, BJs Warehouse, etc.) and one is next to it (Toys R Us, TJMaxx, etc.)

All three communities are really nice though.

Last edited by kezo; 07-12-2009 at 12:01 PM..

Old 08-07-2009, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 6,931 times
Lived in Bella Terra from 2004 - 2006. It's set far enough back that we never noticed the traffic. While we were there, it felt like the community was changing for the worse... there was a problem with teenagers coming into the community and continually vandalizing the clubhouse, and engaging in promiscuous behavior in the clubhouse area. Security stunk, and the guards were rather worthless. It was convenient, and having a dirve through Starbucks so close by was a plus.

Unless the development has changed completely, I would stick with Madison Green. Have friends who are there and love it. Also, Smith Farm and Winston Trails in Lake Worth are established, stable communities that are also great and not too far away. Olympia was beautiful when I was there, not sure what it's like now.

A few last things about Bella Terra... neighbors were not so friendly, HOA was out of control (while we were there they burnt through 3 different property managers), the Board (comprised of residents) was accused of bullying, and discrimation (could almost see that since one of my neighbors headed up the violations committee and she made a few alarmingly discriminatory comments to us in everyday conversation), and there were also flyers distributed listing a sex offender living in the development a month before we left (FL has a website you can search on to see if he is still there).

Like I said, unless the development has improved greatly in the past 3 years, I would go elsewhere.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:39 PM

41 posts, read 177,632 times
Bella Terra huh?
sounds expensive and exotic,
like the wine I drank last night!
at 4.99 a bottle, couldn't help but finish 3 of em myself

So this neighbourhood is how far past 441?
Is it near okeechobee?

Old 10-12-2009, 09:04 AM

11 posts, read 36,697 times
Default Bella Terra in Roayl Palm and Schools

I moved to the Bella Terra community three months ago from out-of-state, and I can not say enough wonderful things about it. It is a very nicely mixed community, which I love, and everyone is so, so nice. I have kids and there are TONS of other kids for them to play with! For the first time ever I can not get my kids in at night because there are so many great kids for them to play with. The area is full of kind, fantastic people, and I just love my house. There are houses of different sizes- from small three bedrooms up to homes like mine that have five large bedrooms. It is a great area to live in.

I have kids in elementary and middle school and we are happy with their current schools, but I will not have any kids in high school until next year, and I was wondering: does anyone know about Royal Palm Beach High School? My daughter is considering some of the magnet schools, but if that does not turn out to be a possibility, I'd like to know more about the high school. I know it currently has a "C" rating, but I also know that such ratings have to be taken with a grain of salt. I'd love to hear from anyone who knows anything about the school. You, of course, can post here or email me at childrenslibrarianmom@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate hearing about the school.

If you are thinking about moving to the community, you will not be disappointed!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:08 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
If this is the same Bella Terra I know of, it's on the PBIA flight path. Some people don't like that some don't care.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:28 AM

11 posts, read 36,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
If this is the same Bella Terra I know of, it's on the PBIA flight path. Some people don't like that some don't care.
Believe me, you in no way notice it at all! It is an excellent community!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach