Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 08:32 AM

282 posts, read 806,587 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am seeing several potential properties of interest in N.E. Wellington. Right around the area of south of Southern Blvd. and west of 441.

How family friendly / safe is that part of town these days?

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 08:22 PM

5,008 posts, read 10,684,206 times
NE Wellington? That sounds like Northwest Wellington, if it is west of 441 and south of southern.
Anyway, if you are talking about the neighborhoods along Southern, then those are usually pretty nice, but rural (you actually start getting into Loxahatchee.) But then there is another neighborhood with starter homes that is along Southern, heading towards Okeechobee, on the western (left-hand)side that is kind of sketchy. The homes are inexpensive but I have heard mixed things about that area.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:39 AM

282 posts, read 806,587 times
Sorry, the general area of west of 441 and and south of Southern is what I meant.

I've seen some potential home options in the area and was mainly curious what things are like these days.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:05 AM

186 posts, read 794,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
But then there is another neighborhood with starter homes that is along Southern, heading towards Okeechobee, on the western (left-hand)side that is kind of sketchy. The homes are inexpensive but I have heard mixed things about that area.

I'm not sure exactly where you mean. Little Ranches is in that location, a mostly horsey-type neighborhood of larger properties, and the developments off Big Blue near Southern. They definitely are not "sketchy" areas. Heading further west on 441 toward Okeechobee there are no actual neighborhoods, only rural land. The Wellington neighborhoods closest to Southern are nice, established family areas, and also a few good townhouse communities. The only areas of Wellington I'd consider "sketchy" are some streets in the 12th Fairway area.....largely quad-type rental properties.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:01 AM

I meant heading towards Okeechobee Blvd. on 441.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:14 AM

Sorry, still can't envision it. #441 heading north near the corner of Southern Bd. is all commercial/retail on the west side of the road, with the exception of a group of new condos or apartments built next to Publix. I'll look more closely next time I'm there.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM

If you keep going north towards Okeechobee Blvd., there is a small neighborhood just south of the RPB movie theater.
I know that this is probably farther north than the OP was referring to but there was some confusion as to the area that the OP was specifying. Moreover, this small neighborhood is very attractive to first-time homebuyers b/c the houses are smaller and more reasonably priced. However, there is (of course) a reason for this.
I am also aware that the area is probably (technically) Royal Palm Beach, and not Wellington. However, again, there was some confusion as to the location in which the OP was looking. Furthermore, some people [mistakenly] consider the area Wellington.
Looking back at my original post, I realize that I wrote "along Southern" when I meant "along 441."

Old 06-26-2009, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the details, StarlaJane......I rarely go that far north on #441, but I think I know the area you mean, although I don't know the name of the development. Yes, it is Royal Palm Beach rather than Wellington. The northern border of Wellington is Southern Bd.
The area the OP mentioned, just south of Southern and west of #441 is a well-established residential area and a purchase there should be fine.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:49 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
I am not good with directions but for a short time I rented near the Wellington Mall and really enjoyed it and the area. It seemed safe and near a lot.I think I heard the schools were pretty good as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach