Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 04:33 AM

2 posts, read 4,669 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to Jupiter because of a job offer. I have never been to Florida and was hopping I could get some insight. We are considering moving to Jupiter farms although it might be a little outside of our price range. Dose anyone have an oponion of Jupiter Farms, or surrounding neighborhoods that are nice. Also feel for the schools, and basic lifestyles. I am married and have two young girls in elemntary school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 07:33 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,681 times
Jupiter Farms Elementary is one of the top 100 schools in the state. What's your price range? Homes for sale in the Farms right now are priced as low as $150k. North Palm Beach Heights is a nice reasonably priced neighborhood in Jupiter as well.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,669 times
Thank you I will look at north palm beach heights. We are look at a price of about 250K although might be able to afford a little bit more we would prefer 250K. Can you tell me anything about the area? Are there very many family, shopping, entertainment, parks? Any information you could give me would be helpful as I have never been to FL and only have what I can find on the internet.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
$250k in Jupiter Farms is very doable.

Check out the "Real Neighborhood" feature/search of the Palm Beach post for examples:

Search Real Estate Listings | Florida Home

As mentioned above, the Heights area might also be a good choice. The streets towards the Northern end of the Heights are generally the better streets, and it's very close and accessible to Abacoa.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:43 PM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,681 times
Jupiter is a nice small town with close access to the highways and the beaches. You'll find a lot of families with young children. Johnathan Dickinson State Park is local and it's huge. You can camp there or go hiking or boating. I used to go there a lot as a child and had tons of fun.

Jupiter Farms is a rural area with parcels of land from 1 acre and up. It's nice and quiet but a bit further from town. There's a local grocery store and gas station, pizzeria, some retaurants, etc. The Heights is more of an "in town" location. My price range is about what yours is and we have seen many nice homes in both neighborhoods from $250k and below. The fact that you've got a job lined up is awesome, jobs are really the only hurdle in moving in times like this.

Good luck!

Old 07-16-2009, 11:50 AM

590 posts, read 1,012,938 times
Jupiter farms is a nice and quiet area. The best part is that although it is considered "west" by many locals here, in reality gives you quick access to Turnpike, I-95 and even the beach is not too far, just head east on Indiantown rd. Indiantown Rd also has plenty of "plazas" with shopping centers so you will have everything you need at reasonable distance.
However you can find decent and quiet areas also in the eastern part of Jupiter, although you won't get the 1 - 1.5 acre lot you can get in the farms. When I say eastern part I mean the 33458 zip code, especially around Central Blvd. (the "farms" are in 33478)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach