Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 06:26 PM

10 posts, read 50,404 times

Advertisements

hey all,

i just wanted to find out if any of the folks that check this site remember any of these. i am particularly interested in any pictures that anyone has. these were some of my absolutely favorite spots to hang and now.......they are all gone. if you want to share stories i'd be happy to. thanks, will
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 08:23 AM

162 posts, read 679,207 times
Ha!, I lived within walking distance to Richway and Cosmic Cowboy as a kid. Would go in and play video games at Richway and eat cheap hot dogs. I remember Cosmic Cowboy being dark and having really dirty floors. Good games though...

Don't have any pics, wish I did....

Old 11-22-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 9,896 times
Hi, there, I remember Richway and Lionel Playworld but not Cosmic Cowboy. My stepmother loved Richway and of course we kids loved Lionel. Do you remember Treasure Island?

Old 11-23-2009, 02:53 AM

10 posts, read 50,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebbrachik View Post
Hi, there, I remember Richway and Lionel Playworld but not Cosmic Cowboy. My stepmother loved Richway and of course we kids loved Lionel. Do you remember Treasure Island?
vaguely. wasn't that in lantana? yea.....if you remember pulling into richway off military trail just turn the field of vision around and look back across military. that used to be the cosmic cowboy. now it's an auto parts store. thanks for the re: peace.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:19 PM

179 posts, read 565,576 times
Hi, Remember the Farmers Market on Congress Avenue in West Palm Beach? It started as a large produce market, then turned into a huge flea market. It for years was a place you could go and buy all those odds and ends you couldn't buy any where else. I miss seeing their sign out front, a giant farmer which was a landmark for many years.
And does anyone remember Music Casters, out on Old Southern Blvd when it was 2 lanes and all woods? It was a dance cub for teens, that had paddle boats and canoes, and we had ID's that we showed to get in on Friday & Saturday night.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 9,752 times
Default Music Casters in West Palm Beach Southern Blvd

I went to Music Casters from dec 72 thru first part of 74... Bruce Barbre... my brother William Barbre went. I had hundreds of friends there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Andrews View Post
Hi, Remember the Farmers Market on Congress Avenue in West Palm Beach? It started as a large produce market, then turned into a huge flea market. It for years was a place you could go and buy all those odds and ends you couldn't buy any where else. I miss seeing their sign out front, a giant farmer which was a landmark for many years.
And does anyone remember Music Casters, out on Old Southern Blvd when it was 2 lanes and all woods? It was a dance cub for teens, that had paddle boats and canoes, and we had ID's that we showed to get in on Friday & Saturday night.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 9,531 times
Unhappy When did Richway in Atlanta Metro go out of business?

[quote=penske14;9544349]hey all,

I wanted to know when and why Richway went out of business in Atlanta?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,060 times
"Do you remember Treasure Island?"

Do you mean the TV show what was made on Singer Island( maybe at The Colonades) back in the 60s? I remember watching it as a kid and I actually found a Treaure Island post card.

Old 09-14-2023, 06:14 AM

4 posts, read 7,574 times
Federated was having issues and they folded. The last Richways were cleared out in 1989. By 90, everything was gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach