Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 02:00 PM

4 posts, read 10,034 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, this forum is great and everyone is so helpful.

Does anyone have some suggestions (specific apartment buildings) that are pet friendly, close to FAU Boca and in a good area?

My fiancee will be attending the Boca Campus and I'm going to be going to the Broward Campus. I don't mind driving so that she can come home and check on the dog. We have a small dog so I guess that makes things easier.

We are trying to find a 2/2 for under 1200 that is in a good area. Almost every unit we search on apartment rating websites gets horrible reviews. We are at a bit of a stand still.

Thanks in advance for all the help

Nelo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 02:30 PM

593 posts, read 1,916,545 times
Spanish Oaks, now known as Oaks of Boca, is right across the street From FAU in Boca.

In your price range you can get a 3/2. A 2/2 might run more like $900. THey are small, but when I was an undergrad we had three people (2 of us married and a roomate) in a 2/2 there and it wasn't impossibly small.

It isn't the best place in the world to live but it isn't bad. You can basically walk or bike to FAU it is so close, there are tennis courts and several pools, and there is an automated guard gate.

THe zip code is 33486, so if you search realtor.com for a 2/2 under 1k in 33486 you'll see that there are several units available now. I had actually considered moving back, because it is so conveniently located and cheap.

the downside is that it is close to glades road so there is the issue of fumes from the road, and it is also close to the hospital, and who knows what sort of emissions that entails. But most people don't concern themselves with that. . .

Old 07-07-2009, 07:08 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
You may want to try a realtor in Boca and explain your needs. I did that and found a very nice furnished 2 bedroom condo. I also did that before when I was here. Really I had looked so much in and out of places on my own and then working with a realtor she found me something.You could check craigslist as well but what I found is sometimes what was in the pic was not really what was in person so just fyi. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach