Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:16 AM

593 posts, read 1,916,205 times

Advertisements

i have driven around a lot, but would like to know a god site for finding hte rentals that are by owner on the barrier islands of south palm beach and northern broward counties.

thank you! - i have noticed very few in the online classified sections and almost none at buy owner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 06:32 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
With my condo in Boca I found it through a realtor and the private owner had it listed through her. The lady across the way from me made a post on craigslist where she wanted the condo and someone replied to her which I had never thought of doing.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:03 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,935 times
Have you tried Vacation Rentals By Owner dot com ??
Do a google on it...the website is the initials.com

Frank

Old 07-12-2009, 06:04 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,382,198 times
craigslist.com

Old 07-13-2009, 05:32 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
you can use realtor.com just click on the rent button instead of for sale. Or contacting a realtor would be an easy way to narrow your search. I'd be happy to send you some options if you want to dm me what you are looking for.
Good luck!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:36 PM

how can you find by owner listings at realtor.com? do realtors really look through by owner listings?

realtors i've met seem to offer me the exact same stuff i see on realtor.com, NEVER a by owner rental. i could imagine a realtor approaching a by owner that is for sale and trying to talk them out of a commission if they bring a buyer, but can't imagine any realtor going through that sort of trouble for a rental.

if you really do that i'm all yours

Old 07-14-2009, 09:35 PM

well most of the rental listings on realtor.com are by owner or a property management group they have just chosen a realtor to market the property for them. Since you've worked with a few realtors already you have probably seen most of the homes I could show you, but I would be happy to do a search for you.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
well most of the rental listings on realtor.com are by owner or a property management group they have just chosen a realtor to market the property for them. Since you've worked with a few realtors already you have probably seen most of the homes I could show you, but I would be happy to do a search for you.
thanks. i'm confused, though. i must be using the term "by owner" incorrectly.

I mean i am looking for properties that are not listed in the MLS.

I haven't worked with realtors, I have done my searches myself, but in the process of seeing apartments I have had several realtors offer to "keep their eyes open" for me. When they call, it is alwyas about something I have already found myself.

the rental market is very thin compared to how it was two eyars ago when i found my apartment. and things are not cheaper in boca, at least they are still listed at about the same prices. but itn eh same buildings i saw awesome units two eyars ago, i might see a listing for $100 less a month, but it is always with a parkign lot view, or nasty carpet, etc.

what am i doing wrong?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:03 PM

You're not doing anything wrong, by owner listings are tougher to find. The listings on realtor.com and other sites are by owner, they are just paying a realtor to list them for them. There really is no difference other then a commission, which is paid by the seller/renter. There's good rentals out there, they just don't last that long on the market.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:19 PM

right. they don't last long. so if you hear of anything let me know! i'd be happy to use a realtor. it is just that after seeing 12 units or whatever i've seen i have too many places i have already seen.

people are starting to call back. i'm not sure what the proper etiquette is. if someone shows me something i figure that makes it "their territory" and if i rent it i do it through them. otherwise, if i did the legwork and found the listing, and made the appointment. . .then i have extra negotiating room - or at least extra motivation to make a deal on the part of an agent who is getting a full commission. does that make sense? rather than dealing with the questions of loyalty some brokers have asked me (it seems they all want to know if i am seeing other realtors, and, obviously, i am seeing a different one at each listing so it confuses me lol i'm a little dense on these matters)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach