Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:16 PM

22 posts, read 113,807 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how the area is around the Archstone Apartments?? They are located on 5600 atlantic ave.??? Any other condo's apartments, townhomes, house rentals available??? Anything reasonable closer to the beach??? I've read online crime is high, and Car Theft as well, are these things for me to be concerned about?

Last edited by JerseyGirl69; 07-29-2009 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: too long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 12:32 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
That's an excellent area if you are over 55. Wouldn't worry too much about crime anywhere west of Military Trail, just being bored to death. Excellent Jewish Deli nearby though (3Gs). It's a very sleepy, retirement oriented area. If this doesn't sound ideal to you, deal with a little bit of a crime risk and look into some of the places east of Swinton Ave near/in downtown.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 AM

66 posts, read 238,086 times
Sorry to jump in on this thread. I hope you don't mind. I'm wondering what types of crime you're talking about in East Delray. I live in Los Angeles in a neighborhood that has a lot of gangs. But the gangs leave us alone and mostly commit crimes against each other. In the 6 years we've lived here, we have had a bicycle stolen and that is it.

We are hoping to fall in love with Delray Beach and I'm hoping the crime isn't an issue! However, the west side is too sleepy for us from what I've read and we're not over 55.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:18 AM

22 posts, read 113,807 times
Thanks for the advice. Do you know of any specific places that are renting east of swinton that are fairly safe? I would like being a bit closer to the beach, but if the area west of Military Trail is low key, all the action is just a few miles up the road on atlantic, I could always drive up there. Walking is nice, but the price to get close to the beach gets expensive, if you know of any places though, let me know. I open to suggestions.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:55 AM

593 posts, read 1,915,639 times
I want to know the answer to that, too. I'm pretty sure that this rental community is in a safe area as I had a house nearby and it sure seemed safe:

Delray Bay Apartments Delray Beach, FL - Apartments for Rent in Delray Beach Florida

But I would rather be closer to Atlantic.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:40 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer99 View Post
Sorry to jump in on this thread. I hope you don't mind. I'm wondering what types of crime you're talking about in East Delray.
Mostly drugs and gangs, some robberies, many burglaries. I wouldn't worry about getting shot but might worry about getting burglarized.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:34 PM

220 posts, read 991,203 times
I lived for a year last year in Villas de Este, on Atlantic and Military Trail. It is a little closer to the beach, it's gated and very nice, safe and clean.

If you want to live on the beach side of 95, you need to be careful. I thought I was going to live there too - until I drove around. That section of Delray is home to halfway houses, and undesirable folk. If you drive Atlantic to the ocean the area between 95 and Swinton is no place you want to be. Docs and the library are the unoffical divider of the good and bad side of the tracks.

Anything after Swinton is good and expensive, as long as you don't venture too far from Atlantic. There are condos for rent directly off of Atlantic, and in Pineapple Grove. You should check www.hotpads.com you can search for rentals on the map that way.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:48 AM

41 posts, read 177,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Mostly drugs and gangs, some robberies, many burglaries. I wouldn't worry about getting shot but might worry about getting burglarized.
I don't understand how you can post this type of imformation! The fact that you mention "getting shot" is enough to scare this poor girl out of a really nice potential neighbourhood.

East Delray is very nice, ofcourse justy like any desirable town you go to, there is crime or the potential for crime. Jerseygirl, go look around 7th ave(north and south of Atlantic, plenty rentals within $800-1400 depending on size), try also the area around George Bush Blvd (north and south of the Bvd). It seems less expensive here but still very safe. There is also the area around GBush Blvd just west of the tracks that is desirable too, mostly houses, some apts and duplexes(less expensive but still a good safe place to be)

best thing maybe to do is just come and see for yourself. Delray Beach is in my opinion the most desirable town in South Florida to move to!

Good luck

Old 08-02-2009, 08:25 AM

522 posts, read 1,609,802 times
You've been given lots of good info here. Yes, the area west of Military is oldfolksville. Yes, you can drive to the downtown beach area but don't forget about your daily errands like grocery and drugstores, etc. I lived in west delray and couldn't wait to get out. I felt like I living in a nursing home and I was 50! Yes, you have to be careful about the crime in certain areas of downtown Delray and the posters have also given you good info about those areas. But common sense takes you a long way in avoiding crime and there are many lovely areas of downtown Delray. There is a lot for rent right now and prices have dropped so you may be able to get a good deal. I would not buy anwhere near the beach because the taxes and insurance will kill you. But I would certainly rent there. I like downtown Delray a lot. Don't be scared away. All you really have to do is drive around and it's apparent where the good and bad areas are.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:59 AM

249 posts, read 882,554 times
Default House in Delray Beach

I have found a house in Delray Shores,the house faces Lake Ida Road between Military and n congress is this a decent area to live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach