Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:31 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,307 times

Advertisements

They were talking about Top 6. I know about everything and everyone they were talking about some of them i actually used to hang with in Lake Worth. They had footage of Hypoluxo right around the Corner from my house where the San Castle Community is. I just thought it was crazy that Palm Beach County actually made it on the history channel. Did anybody else watch this? Its on youtube if you wanna look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 08:53 PM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
Straight from the History Channel: "Police attribute the gang's silence to their Haitian heritage and lotalty."

"In the span of 2 1/2 years, authorities had already worked nearly 150 shootings, and 14 homicides." 150 shootings??????????????? in 2 1/2 years?????????????????????

Old 08-07-2009, 08:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Yes, the top 6 gang is/was a problem in Southern Lake Worth. Luckily, and happily, they seem to kill each other.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 AM

Hopefully they just kill eachother off.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:32 AM

593 posts, read 1,915,639 times
That's mean to say. I don't like it.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 AM

The death of all of those young people right here in that beautiful old south Palm Beach County neighborhood, is a tragedy. For just one year the State of FL ought to just let PBC have construction free roads except where absolutely necessary, and apply that road budget to community building and education programs in Belle Glade, Riviera Beach, SE Lake Worth, etc. but not bs stuff written by people who don't understand the communities, through workign with the communities only. no outside commitees and useless, poorly communicated, bs meetings, like is so often the case. it is possible to heal communities. killing off communities is not a matter for jokes.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocamom View Post
The death of all of those young people right here in that beautiful old south Palm Beach County neighborhood, is a tragedy. For just one year the State of FL ought to just let PBC have construction free roads except where absolutely necessary, and apply that road budget to community building and education programs in Belle Glade, Riviera Beach, SE Lake Worth, etc. but not bs stuff written by people who don't understand the communities, through workign with the communities only. no outside commitees and useless, poorly communicated, bs meetings, like is so often the case. it is possible to heal communities. killing off communities is not a matter for jokes.
That "beautiful neighborhood?" Yes, I do agree it's a tragedy - but they chose this life - and if you watch the video - you'll see how they are so proud. Or they can go back to Haiti and settle it there.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:02 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Oh yeah, we'll just educate them and build stuff for them and show them how to be good citizens.....and we should spend millions on it. Maybe if we ask them politely to stop.....I never thought of that.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:28 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
Let's stay on topic and be respectful.......if this were an easy problem to solve it would have been solved years ago.

I do not know what the solution is......I do know that throwing money at problems usually does not work.

I wonder if gangs would be less of a problem if more good role model, responsible nurturing fathers were around for kids.....

Frank

Old 08-07-2009, 09:40 PM

so much throwing money at problems so few real solutions. i have met a few academics that were in gangs earlier in their lives. i sure would rather see one of them get a job in government and try to lead through some of this than the people who seem to have been in charge of the money flinging. i do think that money would help, but history has proven that sending people in from the outside that treat people with disdain isn't going to help. there are intelligent people in the midst of this who understand it. we should be asking them a lot of questions about what they think will help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach