Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,638 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm thinking of moving down to PBC area and would like any input I can get from ppl who know. Online research can only tell you so much. I have a list of things I am looking for, and can anyone help me find the best spot within my parameters? I am looking for the most "beachy" town I can find, something that has a laidback beach feel and is fairly quiet. I don't really care about bars/niteclubs, but a few nice local restaurants would be good. Also want to find the safest place I can, relatively little or no crime if possible. A small downtown area would be great, but not necessary. I'm really looking for something thats just fairly quiet, close to the beach and calm. And not a seniors community. Does any place like this exist around, or I am asking too much.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 11:48 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
Jupiter/Juno/Palm Beach Gardens sounds like a good fit for you. Pretty much has everything you are looking for actually. Lots of good restaurants, beach feel, and fairly laid back

Old 08-08-2009, 03:28 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
I would like to suggest Lake Worth to you, specifically the Parrot Cove and College Park neighborhoods, but the crime statitistics might scare you off (Southern Lake Worth --- not Parrot Cove or College Park) have some crime issues, but Lake Worth, in my opinion, is the closest to a real beach village we have in Palm Beach County - a great downtown, bungalows, etc.

That being said then, I recommend Tequesta and Juno Beach as Skylinet has mentioned. Tequesta is generally less expensive than Juno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach