Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 05:00 PM

3 posts, read 12,331 times

Advertisements

I am not looking to live in Boynton, Delray, or the Boca area. I decided to open up my living options because of all the bad reviews I have read of Boynton. So I am looking for a 2 bedroom place that accepts pets <30 lbs. for around $1000. Does anyone know of any places that are nice and safe to live in??? THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 12:57 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,808,693 times
I don't know that much about the other places but I am in Boca and came from out of state. I know a lady though who moved from a real nice part of Boca to Boynton and likes it. What I found when I was looking around in most areas including the 3 you stated there are good parts and bad. It is key to drive around. Where do you live now? The dog may cause it to be harder due to many have a weight limit if they allow. Have you looked on craigslist?I feel safe in Boca and am a single young lady. I live in a gated community but even if it was not I would feel the same. Some of the attitudes here take a little adjusting but I have also met some nice people. The winter in Boca and Delray has a lot of snow birds and I think Boca in general is older people. Not to say there is not young people and families cause there is and I am 31 and don't mind but am a home body. There is plenty of restaurants,shops,etc. Will you be working? If so where? Many here have stated there is a cute downtown in Delray. Good luck and if I can help I am an email away

Old 08-22-2009, 02:02 PM

41 posts, read 177,307 times
Plenty of rentals in east Delray(even east of the intracoastal) for $1000, found 1 yesterday for 900, Boca and Boynton the same. Are you having a problem finding something, most renters allow pets now as there are so many rentals available, the rental market is saturated, you shouldn't have a problem finding anything. You also shouldn't be so close-minded (by relying solely on 'bad reviews') on this site
Have you even driven around Boynton?

Old 08-22-2009, 08:13 PM

593 posts, read 1,912,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfalot View Post
Plenty of rentals in east Delray(even east of the intracoastal) for $1000, found 1 yesterday for 900, Boca and Boynton the same. Are you having a problem finding something, most renters allow pets now as there are so many rentals available, the rental market is saturated, you shouldn't have a problem finding anything. You also shouldn't be so close-minded (by relying solely on 'bad reviews') on this site
Have you even driven around Boynton?
Please email me any east of intracoastal 2 bedrooms not in senior communities that are at that price point as i have somehow missed them completely!!

Old 08-23-2009, 12:20 PM

3 posts, read 12,331 times
I am not being close-minded, I have heard from friends that actually live in the area. Also a realtor that I have known for over 15 years that moved away from that area said that anything east of 95 is not where I should look b/c it is not really all that safe. I am coming from NC, in a nice area, 28 single female, and just want to feel comfortable walking my dogs at night w/o having to look over my shoulder at ever sound to make sure everything is ok. Anyways- I have looked on Craigslist and have a bunch that I will be looking at in mid September when I fly down to interview with people for a job and find a place to live. I was just asking on here b/c I don't want to waste my time at particular places if they are not nice. Many places can look great during the day and from the outside, but at night its a different story. If anyone has any other advice, it would be greatly appreciated. I am definately keeping my options open.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:41 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,808,693 times
Hi again. A few thoughts based on my experience when I came from MI. I came from a very safe and nice area in MI as well and we are similar ages and I am single. Safety was key for me too. I live in a gated community and I feel very safe and that would be even if it was not gated. What I encourage you to do is when you find a rental that you drive around in different directions a few miles. You may find a place that is nice/safe but a mile a way can be bad. That is very different from where I am from where most of a whole city is good. I did not look in Boynton though I went to some shops there and there was a cute area it seemed. Delray I know is very mixed in the area of safety. There is really wealthy areas and really poor. On craigslist what I found is what is stated or shown is not what is reality which was very frustrating. Some places I viewed I could not even tell it was the same place. Also some give samples of the rental so you may want to ask that because it will save you frustration and time. When I first came to FL I rented in Wellington which is closer to WP I thnk past Boynton. I am direction challenged sorry. Anyhow I really enjoyed it there. I felt safe and it was younger then Boca which is older like I stated and that is especially in the winter. I had heard too that Jupitor is nice. I know how hard it is coming from out of town. If I can help in any way please feel free to ask.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:52 AM

128 posts, read 470,240 times
I have been in Boynton (from Long Island via Los Angeles) for 16 years. There IS an area east of 95 in Boynton that is NOT where you'd want to live. But the rest of Boynton, west of 95 all the way to Lyons, is fine. My dog occasionally waked me up at 2 in the morning to take her out and I have never felt unsafe here. I have lived west of Military, near Woolbright, west of Military, near Gateway, and currently near Congress and Woolbright.

Boynton has seen a ton of development in the past 10 years, most recently with all the new shops and restaurants along Congess in Renaissance Commons. I don't think it's a bad place to live at all.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:14 PM

i don't think it is true that you have to be west of 95, fwiw, but everyone is different.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:11 PM

128 posts, read 470,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocamom View Post
i don't think it is true that you have to be west of 95, fwiw, but everyone is different.
let me clarify...you're right. However, it's best not to be between 95 and Federal, with the exception (IMO) of the Chapel Hill neighborhoood. That's a nice neighborhood, but they have been experiencing a lot of break-ins recently.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:12 AM

that area north of atlantic to,like, the hospital or so along swinton/seacrest seems to be a great multicultural neighborhood where everyone (at least on the surface) gets along
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach