Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,325,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Good point, that old one always smelt like mold though.
It was really old! I can't wait for the new one to be complete. It's got a very interesting urban site plan, with the under-building parking. It's right near where I work too, for picking things up on the way home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 AM

102 posts, read 390,351 times
Quote:
We moved from the Midwest and we really like it in this area. Sorry to hear you have to suffer through another winter before you come down here We're moving a little further South of here because that's where my job is, and the nearest Super Target. (if you've never been you are missing out)
Cityplace is a nice area, Clematis St. is pretty nice too.
the only reason i'm waiting til next year is because i am ordering a new camaro and after that comes i want to save about 3-5k for the move. i pay 200 a month for rent right now and NO utilities so this will be a big adjustment for me. i definitely want to make sure i have the funds before moving! and i won't move until i find a job either. from what i've read, jobs are few and far between down there... which is freaking me out and making second guess this move, a little bit.

well i know where i want to live then... not the exact condo, but the location. now i just have to HOPE and PRAY that a condo is available to rent in our price range when it comes time to move!

Old 09-09-2009, 07:35 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,924,679 times
Quote:
Good point, that old one always smelt like mold though.
Wow, not to get off topic but that's so true! One of our clinics is located nearby and on occasion, I would go to target on my lunch our or after work. The smell was horrendous. You could feel the dampness and smell the mold. It was suffocating. I couldn't understand how the workers worked there! It makes sense that they totally destroyed the building to start over.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:11 PM

33 posts, read 109,396 times
I have tons of pictures of this place from 1985-1987 range as my parents lived there then. They loved it! They looked west at the Forum buildings and the Palm Beach Mall. Fantastic sun sets. The only issues they had were that things were getting old and run to the ground. I guess this building was built in the 1970s, so it was reaching its decade mark by 1985. Looks like they have done a terrific jobs remodeling it tho. I myself am considering a move to this place.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahambrunk View Post
I have tons of pictures of this place from 1985-1987 range as my parents lived there then. They loved it! They looked west at the Forum buildings and the Palm Beach Mall. Fantastic sun sets. The only issues they had were that things were getting old and run to the ground. I guess this building was built in the 1970s, so it was reaching its decade mark by 1985. Looks like they have done a terrific jobs remodeling it tho. I myself am considering a move to this place.

Hmmm..... yeah, I would consider somewhere *else* in West Palm..... the Villages is a much better location with similar priced rentals....

Old 09-21-2009, 08:16 PM

33 posts, read 109,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Hmmm..... yeah, I would consider somewhere *else* in West Palm..... the Villages is a much better location with similar priced rentals....
but when you want to be right smack dab in the middle of the city, Lands of the President is the place to be. It was once really upscale neighborhood, but today its mediocre. You don't hear about too much going on there and it is a bit hidden.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahambrunk View Post
but when you want to be right smack dab in the middle of the city, Lands of the President is the place to be. It was once really upscale neighborhood, but today its mediocre. You don't hear about too much going on there and it is a bit hidden.
I dunnow, I consider the epicenter of the City to be downtown, east of 95 along the Okeechobee Blvd. corridor.

Lands of the Presidents is actually nice.... old but decent. Most likely very fancy in its prime.

The Palm Beach Lakes corridor is spotty. Decent in some places, awful in others. Too close to the awful for my personal taste, but it may work for those with more tolerance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach