Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 03:20 PM

8 posts, read 17,451 times

Advertisements

Our kids are halfway out of the house (college+) and we're ready for a second home somewhere warm. Currently we live in Connecticut. After pondering North and South Carolina, we have come to the conclusion that Florida makes the most sense because of its accessibility via air.
Because we will not be full time residents, we're thinking a gated community or apartment makes the most sense. We want 2-3 bedrooms walkable to the beach in a nice complex. And NOT an over 55 community.
Please help us- we really don't know the area!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 04:20 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
There are many neighborhoods that would fit what you are looking for. Your price range would play a factor obviously, but Jupiter/Juno has some great complexes near the beach. Sea Colony, Beachcomber, the Bluffs, are just a couple. Lots of snowbirds there. Good place for your kids to come down and use as well. If you have a dog it's one of the few dog friendly beaches.
Bout a 20-30 minute drive to the airport.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:48 AM

2 posts, read 4,250 times
Check out the jupiter, Juno Beach area. Upscale and can find some great bargains.

I own a title company in Juno Beach and I could have a realtor that we deal with call you. Let me know.

thanks.
dkrause

Old 10-28-2009, 02:55 PM

thanks for the info. I've been told that Boca, Boyton Beach and West Palm are worth looking at too. what do you think??

Old 10-28-2009, 04:02 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Also good areas, take a week down and see what you feel will be the best fit.
What are some of the things you enjoy doing besides going to the beach? Might help to determine which area would work well for you.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:15 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
I am in Boca and in a community that is filled with snow birds. Your age and over but not an over 55. It is a country club community but if you rent most times you don't get the ammenties accept the pool. Some though I think you can buy it. If you buy then you have to join the club and this is unreal expensive to me. I guess from my neighbor and my grandfather lives in another country club across the way that it is quiet the social scene. Now on that note you have to like that and it is not the normal type of get together scene in my eyes. No offense to anyone cause I did meet a lovely lady but some remind me of being in high school with a lot of money with the gossip.If you like Boca area I can help you with some communities I have heard through word of mouth are nice. It depends on how much you want to spend though. Then you can go through a realtor too who can help you find. Many are furnished too if you want to try something without commiting.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the advice. Am actually considering a high rise as it would be really easy to come down for weekends. Any near the beach??

Old 11-02-2009, 06:11 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
There are many but it will depend on how much you want to spend. They can really range in price. Do you know anyone in FL that you may want to be near that may help with finding the right location. I also agree with sky about what other things do you like to do?

Old 11-04-2009, 08:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Tons of high, mid, and low rise condos on the beaches and waterways throughout Palm Beach County.

Price range will be a factor in steering you in certain directions, as well as the "feel" of the town you want to be in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach