Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 PM

132 posts, read 227,686 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a pest repellent product called Laxman Rekha. I am told you can only get this in an Indian grocery store. Does anyone know of an Indian store in this area. Alternatively, does anyone know where Laxman Rekha can be purchased?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 02:34 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,279,224 times
Indian Grocery Stores in West Palm Beach, Florida (FL)

Old 10-30-2009, 11:47 AM

261 posts, read 702,314 times
There's one on Military Trail between Southern and Okeechobee. There is a Vietnamese market and a Chinese Restaurant in the same parking lot. There is also a Caribbean market called Oxtails nearby that's easier to see from the road.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:56 AM

9 posts, read 12,450 times
Default Little India Grocery Store, 2800 N Federal Highway Unit #5, Boca Raton, FL 33431

When we moved to West Palm Beach, FL last year without doing much research, we found to our shock that there are not many Indian grocery stores in the area to shop and cook once in a while - not even a decent Indian restaurant to go out once in a while.

For 5 months, we suffered shopping at some small, desperate, dirty and understocked stores. Then like a blessing, I ran into a stranger at a bank who informed me about Little India Grocery Store, Boca Raton. We could not locate Little India because they are fairly new and did not have a presence on the Internet to find them. I happened to have an interview one day in Boca and stopped by at Little India grocery store and was in for huge a surprise! The store was large, decent (tinted glasses to prevent Florida heat), very clean and spacious with isles of inventory - with one full isle dedicated solely to refrigerated/frozen items with a row of big refrigerators. The friendly owner greeted me politely, gave me a brief tour (!) and told me not to hesitate to ask if I had any questions or needed help. I found a variety of groceries that other stores did not have and found the prices much less than what we were paying elsewhere. This is the kind of shopping experience anyone wants to have - knowing that the store will not try to rip us off with bloated prices. I packed more groceries for less money and at the end it was a pleasurable and memorable experience.

Will I travel 30+ miles to Little India Grocery store, Boca again for groceries? Yes I will - it is not the distance or pricing - it is the ethics and decency - knowing that the store does not nickel and dime me squeezing dollars out of my pocket desperately and greedily. I would frequent a store that builds its reputation from being honest and reasonable.

Little India Grocery Store
2800 N Federal Highway, Unit #5
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Phone: 561–367-7980
http://littleindiainboca.com
Email: Shopping@littleindiainboca.com

Last edited by powerobject; 01-27-2010 at 01:35 AM..

Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 PM

28 posts, read 97,581 times
Hi all. I got a job at Jupiter, FL 33478 and would be relocating there next week.

Is there any latest update to this thread? Which are the best Indian Grocery Shops in and around Jupiter?

Also, which apartment communities have more Indian population. I know FL would be very different, but coming from NJ I am used to see a lot of big Indian grocery shops and communities where Indian population is concentrated.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:26 PM

355 posts, read 908,760 times
There are no ethnic or religious concentrated neighborhoods. There is a very small Indian population in Jupiter.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreco5 View Post
There are no ethnic or religious concentrated neighborhoods. There is a very small Indian population in Jupiter.
Thanks for your inputs. Are you aware of any other neighborhood which has more Indian population? What about the grocery stores?

Old 02-14-2015, 08:49 PM

355 posts, read 908,760 times
My Indian friends drive to Boca for Indian grocery. There is a very small population of Indian families here, so that is probably why there are no small stores.

Unfortunately culturally, it is unlike up North where there are neighborhoods of Chinese, Italians, Puerto Rican families. Its all mixed up.

There is a great Indian restaurant "Taste of India" in West Palm Beach on Okeechobee Rd. and its always crowded with Indian families, so they are coming from somewhere, I just don't know where.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreco5 View Post
My Indian friends drive to Boca for Indian grocery. There is a very small population of Indian families here, so that is probably why there are no small stores.

Unfortunately culturally, it is unlike up North where there are neighborhoods of Chinese, Italians, Puerto Rican families. Its all mixed up.

There is a great Indian restaurant "Taste of India" in West Palm Beach on Okeechobee Rd. and its always crowded with Indian families, so they are coming from somewhere, I just don't know where.

Thanks and reps for your inputs man. Check with your friends if you can about the communities where they are putting up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach