Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 12:38 PM

3 posts, read 7,453 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Wellington this coming July, 2010. We will enroll our children in public schools. Can we decide which high school we send our kids to - either Wellington High or Palm Beach Central? Or does where we live determine this? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 12:42 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodfamily View Post
We are moving to Wellington this coming July, 2010. We will enroll our children in public schools. Can we decide which high school we send our kids to - either Wellington High or Palm Beach Central? Or does where we live determine this? Thanks.
If both high schools have Academies then your child can choose depending on what academy he or she is interested in....if there is no academy in either then you can find another high school you might be interested in the area that does have an academy...otherwise it would be where are zoned for...we have a few wellington kids my son knows that attend West Boca HS Where he goes and they get a bus to school and home....One of them is in the Culinary Academy, and the other one in the Business academy with my son

good luck with your move

Old 11-18-2009, 01:41 PM

3 posts, read 7,453 times
Default Thanks

Thank you for the information...I don't think either high schools in Wellington offer academies, but I will look into it. Thanks again.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:12 PM

16 posts, read 66,984 times
Neither of the wellington schools offer academies. You wont have an option they will go where they are zoned, unless you choose to have them go to a school that has a special program.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:59 PM

4 posts, read 11,558 times
Default how did you make out

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodfamily View Post

Which High school did your children end up at?
We are thinking of moving to Wellington and on paper (test scores etc)
it looks like there is a gap between the two schools.
any information that you can get me will help
thanks

Old 01-28-2011, 04:35 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,080,225 times
^
This topic is from 2 years ago, you're not going to get a response from them.

I went to Wellington HS but this was about 15 years ago and way before PB Central was built, I have no idea what the difference is but WHS was a dirty and old building when I went there, and that was ages ago. The classes were pretty good depending on the teacher, lots of AP and honors classes, though that may have changed.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:47 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,080,225 times
Also make sure you are comparing WHS to Palm Beach Central which is in High School, not any schools in other parts of PB County, I seem to remember there was an HS called Palm Beach High which was in a ghetto area in WPB or Riviera Beach though I could be wrong.

You said in the other topic that WHS seemed to have much better test scores, that is kind of weird. Palm Beach Central is in a newer part of Wellington where there's a lot of new development, WHS I think has been around since the 80's and is in an older part near the middle of Wellington. If your kid is set for an AP track I would send him/her to the school with more AP offerings and with the best AP test results. (if they even still do AP tests)

If you have links to the test results you are looking at I could take a look if you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach