Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 09:03 PM

33 posts, read 51,077 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to the Boca Raton area at the end of Jan. I have two boys 11 and 5 who are very active in baseball and basketball. I will be down this week to house hunt. We have narrowed our search to Wellington and Boca Raton. We are leaning towards Boca, my husbands job is in Boca and hes been there since March. I'm having trouble finding information on baseball or basketball in that area. I've found quite a bit of baseball in Wellington. My oldest is on a travel team here in Atl and my youngest is on a rec team. We also have basketball in his elementary school, is that something the schools do there? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Lissa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 06:30 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw992769 View Post
My family is moving to the Boca Raton area at the end of Jan. I have two boys 11 and 5 who are very active in baseball and basketball. I will be down this week to house hunt. We have narrowed our search to Wellington and Boca Raton. We are leaning towards Boca, my husbands job is in Boca and hes been there since March. I'm having trouble finding information on baseball or basketball in that area. I've found quite a bit of baseball in Wellington. My oldest is on a travel team here in Atl and my youngest is on a rec team. We also have basketball in his elementary school, is that something the schools do there? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Lissa
Maybe this will help

Team Web Site - 561 HOOPS- 17U BLAZERS BASKETBALL - BOCA RATON, FL (http://www.localreplay.com/team/index.php?id=440395 - broken link)

West Boca Basketball

Boca Hoops Youth Basketball Program - Community Programs (http://www.bocahoops.com/community-programs.php - broken link)

Boca Raton Youth Baseball

Boca Raton Little League Baseball

Old 01-13-2010, 06:45 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:

Lissa
Baseball is a big sport here in south Florida. Lots of kids play. They play year-round here. I do not live in Boca but I can't imagine that there is not youth baseball in Boca. I live in Weston (45 minutes from Boca) and there are THREE travel youth baseball programs just in Weston.

I think you will find youth basketball in Boca also. Basektball is not as big here. The big sports are baseball and football. There are no elementary school sports that I am aware of in this area. There are very few middle school sports teams either. Most of the youth leagues serve the 8th graders though.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:36 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,763,584 times
MW - when does your son turn 12? I have an 11 year old as well perhaps once I get there we can introduce them!

Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 PM

Sorry about the late reply, I just got back to ATL from house hunting. WOW!! I am shocked at the prices there. We have decided to get a home in the Wellington area, now if we can just get one. We just fell in love with the area and people seemed so friendly. I want to thank you all for the great information.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:55 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Sorry about the late reply, I just got back to ATL from house hunting. WOW!! I am shocked at the prices there. We have decided to get a home in the Wellington area, now if we can just get one. We just fell in love with the area and people seemed so friendly. I want to thank you all for the great information.
good luck to you and your family

Old 01-21-2010, 08:29 AM

Is Wellington a nice area?

Old 01-21-2010, 03:07 PM

Well, you will get VERY conflicting answers to this as I did. We couldn't decide between Boca or Wellington. My husband works in Boca so we wanted to live there. But we just felt more comfortable in Wellington. I spent 6 days last week looking at homes in both areas, eating out and we really enjoyed Wellington over Boca. Things are more open there and the people seemed friendlier and just more family friendly. Others have said they love Boca though, this is just the conclusion my family came to. I hope this helps.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:22 PM

Thanks - I hadn't really considered this area but I'm between Broward and boca - if iWork in Miami - I will have to stay closer to Miami though we shall see! Thank you and good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach