Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,649 times

Advertisements

I saw this house for sell and it seems to be too true. Love input on this since we don't know Fl.

1610 Presidential Way, West Palm Beach FL - Trulia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 10:37 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
There was actually a post on something similar. //www.city-data.com/forum/west-...ub-condos.html

I read your previous post and I probably wouldn't recommend this for your situation. Also it has 480 a month HOA's so if you are trying to be on a budget that won't help.
There are definitely other options around Palm Beach County that would be a better fit.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
It's "just OK".... would never be my first choice. If the building was further into the development or in one of the other Lands of the Presidents buildings, I would think it was a better deal.

Lands of the Presidents used to be THE fancy pants development in West Palm, but it's starting to get a bit long in the tooth --- and not necessarily in charming "old Florida" way either.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:47 PM

475 posts, read 1,498,749 times
This would not be an area that I would live or recommend to others. I would look either north - Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Juno or west - Wellington, Royal Palm Beach or even West Palm Beach from the Turnpike west - or the area between Okeechobee to the south, Jog Rd to the west - Turnpike to east and Roebuck Rd to the north.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:34 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedsmit View Post
This would not be an area that I would live or recommend to others. I would look either north - Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Juno or west - Wellington, Royal Palm Beach or even West Palm Beach from the Turnpike west - or the area between Okeechobee to the south, Jog Rd to the west - Turnpike to east and Roebuck Rd to the north.
West of the Turnpike or the area near Roebuk Road? YAWN and yikes, never in a million years.

The best part of West Palm Beach is actually downtown, or South of Okeechobee, East of I-95, South of Okechobee Blvd.

You cannot find anything like El Cid in Wellington. No Flamingo Park correlary in Jupiter, no Southland Park in Palm Beach Gardens, and West Palm's SoSo neigborhood has been attracting bohemian New York socialites for years now and is chock full of families and an A rated elementary school. The river is always in walking distance in West Palm's South end, and the beaches of Palm Beach are about 2 miles away.

These are real neighborhoods. Not contrived, not gated, no HOAs. Character, tree lined sidewalks and walkable to locally owned businesses that are not in strip malls, where the owners actually learn your name after a few visits. Gated sterility and homogenity is not for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach