Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 06:33 AM

87 posts, read 360,877 times

Advertisements

what is this neighborhood really like?

All I heard was it has no HOA and horses allowed and high end homes mixed with some not so great homes and good A rated schools...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 12:21 PM

85 posts, read 271,940 times
Like many communities yrs ago,it was nice.Lately alot of breakins and burglary's.There is a crimewatch meeting once a month.Statistics can be looked up on neighbohood crime by entering zip code.Though skewed numbers it gives you an idea of what is going on.not many places to roam around on horses as years ago as more paved roads have come along..
As far as Palm Beach county schools go,,LOL good luck.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:44 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyhotviolentwestpalm View Post
Like many communities yrs ago,it was nice.Lately alot of breakins and burglary's.There is a crimewatch meeting once a month.Statistics can be looked up on neighbohood crime by entering zip code.Though skewed numbers it gives you an idea of what is going on.not many places to roam around on horses as years ago as more paved roads have come along..
As far as Palm Beach county schools go,,LOL good luck.

Wow, did you google "Palm Beach Country Estates" and the word "crime" to read the article about the rash of break ins that happened in August 2009 and the "crime watch meetings" that resulted therefrom? The "breakins" were crimes of opportunity, mostly unlocked sheds and garages.

Like any place, neighborhoods can experience crime at some point, property crime in particular. I had electronics stolen from my car from in front of my house in Tallahassee, in a very safe, quiet, and family oriented neighborhoods. I had accidentally left my car unlocked, and apparently someone was walking around pulling on car handles.

Overall, however, Jupiter, Gardens, and Palm Beach Country estates is very safe.

BTW, Palm Beach County schools, an in particular, Jupiter, schools, are fine unless you live in the ghetto. Greatschools rates the Jupiter school district a TEN out of ten.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:44 AM

85 posts, read 271,940 times
Actually tri I am a contractor and do alot of work in and around Palm Beach Country estates and hear what goes on first hand,let's say my business has a hand in making ones home and property safer and often times people call me after a break in. Lox,PBCE & Jupiter farms has had many,many breakins and my business has actually increased in these area's.
Skewed crime statistics aside that are often "fluffed" alot goes on unreported,beacause the nature of my business,again I hear first hand and often after one becomes a victim.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyhotviolentwestpalm View Post
Actually tri I am a contractor and do alot of work in and around Palm Beach Country estates and hear what goes on first hand,let's say my business has a hand in making ones home and property safer and often times people call me after a break in. Lox,PBCE & Jupiter farms has had many,many breakins and my business has actually increased in these area's.
Skewed crime statistics aside that are often "fluffed" alot goes on unreported,beacause the nature of my business,again I hear first hand and often after one becomes a victim.

Oh. A contractor. Well, that makes sense to explain some of the irrational hatred of a place that may no longer be paying the bills as it was a few years ago (ya know, back when there really WAS more crime --- "skewed statistics" and all!)

That being said, how does what YOU say change anything? The Sheriff's office made its report, and told people to lock their garages and sheds to avoid crime of opportunity break ins. You make it sound as if homes are being invaded when babies sleep in their cradles. Do you have any idea if it was a summer spike in "break ins," or if incidences have continued to increase, or remain at a heightened level?

There are over 1400 homes in PBCE. The average incidence of all breakins was 0.005 percent of the homes in the community per month before August 2009's spike. In America in general, it is said that 1 in 4 homes will one day be broken into on average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach