Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 06:21 PM

8 posts, read 47,135 times

Advertisements

Thank you for all the great feed back. Keep it coming.Please the more the merrier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 07:38 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
I drive around 80 which is a little faster than average traffic. But it takes me about 40 45 from jupiter to boca so I guess jupiter to miami would be 130 to 2 longer during traffic.
I don't drive the morning rush though so I couldn't comment on how that is.
Wow it is that far from boca - I didn't think it was that far - I drive about the same so I believe you on that - it would be like 2.5 hours - yuck - not willing to make that trek at all!

Old 01-30-2010, 07:54 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Wow it is that far from boca - I didn't think it was that far - I drive about the same so I believe you on that - it would be like 2.5 hours - yuck - not willing to make that trek at all!
It took us an hour without traffic to Jupiter from here.....Miami my dh is now commuting to from boca and its an hour without traffic from here to 1 hour 15 door to door...its definately longer than the time given from jupiter to miami...

Old 01-31-2010, 01:53 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
I believe that the most cutting-edge industries in Jupiter, and close by, are aerospace and bio-science, including bio-medicine and bio-fuels, also FPL (e.g. solar energy development) has its headquarters nearby. Visit the Palm Beach Business Development Board site for detailed information on businesses and business development in Palm Beach County: while there is a lot going on in Boca Raton, you will find that the epicenter of the County's economy, especially in these cutting-edge industries, is in the north.

Therefore, the move you are contemplating makes most sense if you have special skills in at least one of these cutting-edge industries.

I would not consider Jupiter if your job is in Boca Raton or Miami; in such case, live in Boca Raton (much in common with Jupiter, though Jupiter slightly less expensive in terms of housing and insurance, especially west Jupiter) or Miami (noticeably more expensive for a SFH in good-school area).

Old 02-01-2010, 09:16 AM

8 posts, read 47,135 times
How about a good hotel in Jupiter? I plan on first starting with a visit for a few days. I would like something near the beach.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:25 AM

8 posts, read 23,435 times
Jupiter is a lovely area, and the PBC school system is improving all the time. I'd go in that direction if I had a young family.

Traffic here is a bear, sometimes just as bad as up north. You can't live in Jupiter and commute to Miami unless you are willing to spend about 3-4 hours a day on the road. Palm Beach is a large county, and you'd be on the north end, commuting thru all of it, all Broward, and down into Miami-Dade. A long way to go unless it really pays a lot!!

I live in WPB and worked in Boca, it was only 25 miles but took me at least 45 minutes a day - and that was on the Turnpike! I avoid I-95 if at all possible, not only is it awful for traffic, but there are a lot of accidents.

Always, always, give yourself an extra 15-30 minutes more time during season; no kidding.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:47 AM

475 posts, read 1,498,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy610 View Post
How about a good hotel in Jupiter? I plan on first starting with a visit for a few days. I would like something near the beach.
Depends on your budget. Jupiter Beach Resort (pricey) is on the beach at Indiantown Rd. A little further south there is Holiday Inn Express (US1 and Donald Ross Rd.) There is a little cafe right across the street and many restaurants 5 - 10 minutes away. There is a La Quinta Inn on the Intercoastal Waterway and Indiantown Rd.

Traveling with a family; I prefer a suite. There is a Homewood Suite at Indiantown Rd and Central Blvd. (drive time to the beach is 7-8 min.) Starbucks across the street. There is also two restaurants in the plaza next to the hotel. One is a Chinese restaurant that is very good.
Abacoa and Roger Dean Stadium are 5 min. from this hotel. I-95 is less than 5 min.

There are several hotels on Indiantown Rd. near I-95. But I consider these traveling hotels, (you are driving from point A to B, are tired, and you stop for the night). Hotels are nice, just not as much fun as having the ocean and beach outside your hotel.

Further south on PGA Blvd. - there is a Marriott, Embassy Suites, Doubletree, Hilton Garden (new hotel in Downtown at the Gardens - next to the Gardens Mall)

There are some excellent restaurants on and around PGA Blvd. I recommend Zuccharelli's -(a little further west on s. side of PGA Blvd just east of FL Turnpike near Ballenisles Drive.

Other restaurants in this area:
Panera Bread (sandwich shop) sourth side of PGA west of Military Trail
Too Jays (breakfast and lunch) 1 location in the Downtown at the Gardens Shopping Center, other location in the Bluffs Shopping Center - US1 at Marsincki Rd.

There is an Italian Market at the corner of PGA Blvd and Prosperity Farms Rd. called Carmine's Italian Market
They have great pizza, pastries and prepared foods along with regular grocery store items.
There is harbor behind the store, and two restaurants. One is called Noche - the other La Trattoria opens for lunch and you can sit on the patio within feet of the harbor.

On PGA Blvd. at the Intercoastal there are three or four restarants that have waterside seating. I have not eaten at all of them - but the Waterway Cafe is very nice.

If you go north on US1 to the Jupiter Inlet - there are two restaurants at A1A - US1 that have waterside seating. Jettys and The Crab House. The food at Jettys is excellent and higher in price, The Crab House is more casual and they often have live music. But sitting on the patio in view of Lighthouse watching the boat traffic through the inlet is very enjoyable and relaxing.

Enjoy your visit to the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach