Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 10:10 AM

8 posts, read 47,145 times

Advertisements

In my research of Jupiter I have noticed difference in crime stats. From this site to peoples comments ? Can someone shed some light on this. Is it on the rise ? Is it me or are there alot of sex offenders in the Jupiter area .Any comments on how the goverment operates (police force or mayors office ). Just doing my research. Moving a family is a HUGE decision and I am truely greatful for everyones help. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 11:08 AM

162 posts, read 679,801 times
I live in Jupiter and do not have the impression that crime is on the rise. It seems (based on the weekly police reports within the Neighborhood Post) that most crime is petty in nature (breaking into cars, disturbing the peace, larceny) and are located in some of the older parts of Jupiter in and around Indiantown Road. There have also been some burglaries out in Jupiter Farms. Unfortunately we've been in the news with the tragic Merighe murders, but that could have happened anywhere.

I feel the police and city govt. are doing a good job, considering the economy. As far as sex offenders, I never got the impression that we have any more than any other town here in south Florida.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:58 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,469 times
Default The Palm Beach Post

If you were living there already, you would probably be reading The Palm Beach Post. Why not read the online version on a regular basis to be 'in tune' with what is happening there? That is one method I would use to 'check out' an area I was interested in. The PBP has an online neighborhood crime map, and you can choose different time periods, crime types, and check for sex offenders as well. Crimes in your neighborhood (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crimes-in-your-neighborhood-49616.html - broken link) They offer a free crime alert email also. The map is actually from crimereports.com and does not cover all areas of the US (yet). For the record, I've been to Jupiter and I would move there in a New York minute.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:50 PM

8 posts, read 47,145 times
wannabee. great site. Thank you. Can you recommend a good neighborhood ?

Old 02-07-2010, 02:21 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy610 View Post
wannabee. great site. Thank you. Can you recommend a good neighborhood ?
I wish I could but I'm not a resident. Hopefully a current Jupiter resident will see this and post specifics regarding neighborhoods.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:40 PM

475 posts, read 1,498,968 times
Hi Bigdaddy610
I have lived in the Jupiter / Tequesta area for about 30 years.
Is there crime here? Yes
Is the crime rate rising? It is not a simple yes and no question because the town has
grown tremendously. Therefore the population has grown.
Is Jupiter / Tequesta a safe area.
Absolutely - I would not hesitate recommending it to anyone.
Having said that - I need to qualify it due to a horrible family situation that occurred in Jupiter on Thanksgiving Day. A family member murdered four members of his family - including his aunt, his two twin sisters and an innocent six year old child, who was in bed asleep. This appeared on all the news programs including America's Most Wanted. The man has been captured and is in jail.
Although this horrible crime happened in Jupiter, it was not a random act of violennce, this man planned this and would have done the same thing if he had been in the middle of MT.

Now what neighborhoods are best. Only you can decide what is right for you and your family, based on cost of housing, travel time to your job and the type amentities that you want at hand. Do you want a gated community, a golf course, close to the beach, acerage.

If you want to be near the beach: there are about 20 neighborhoods along US1 between Donald Ross Rd. to Indiantown Rd. These communities vary some are zero lot line homes, some are high rises, was are townhouses. None have golf courses, but all are within walking distance of the beach.

If you want a community with alot of ammenties and price is not a major concern. Along A1A just north of Downtown at the Gardens (shopping center) to Indiantown Rd. there is Frenchmen's Preserve, Frenchmen's Creek, Ritz Carlton and Admiral's Cove. Some of the communities have townhouses as well as single family homes. They are all gated communities and all have golf courses and many ammentities.

In addition along Military Trail from just south of Hood Rd north to Indian Creek Parkway there are many communities such as the Isles, Evergreene and several others. There is also Abacoa.

Along Central Blvd. from Donald Ross south PGA there are more gated communities such as Old Marsh.

I can honestly tell you that there are some really wonderful neighborhoods in all of these places. I believe them to be safe. They are well kept and I think that you and your family would be happy in any of them. The schools in the area are good and I think you will find the parents are involved in the schools.

Just remember when you are looking at a home in an HOA that in addition to the cost of your home you also will have Association Dues. And you have to be aware and willing to follow the HOA Documents and Rules.

Come up with a wishlist of type of house, most of our homes are stucco, (some are wood frame), most have tile roofs, most are single story homes. Try to find one that has either hurricane windows or hurricane shutters. Come up with a budget and contact a local realtor.

If you contact me privately I will happy to give you the name of someone who I know will do a good job for you.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:52 PM

475 posts, read 1,498,968 times
This link will is for Abacoa, which is an area of several different neighborhoods between I-95 (w) Indiancreek Parkway (n) Donald Ross Rd. (s) Military Trail (e) In addition to the neighborhoods there is a downtown area, Roger Dean Stadium, Scripps (research center), Florida Atlantic University.

It may give you a better feel of some of the communities.
Abacoa POA&
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach