Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:16 AM

64 posts, read 225,636 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone. I'm ready to move out of the NJ cold and know that Florida is the place for me and my growing family. I'm already familiar with the Ft. Lauderdale & Miami area, but really don't know much about any of the other areas. Before making any decisions, we are taking trips to visit each of the main places (next week we are headed to JAX and St. Augustine), in the fall we'll head to the west coast, and then next year we'll check out the Orlando/Central region. But I'd LOVE to hear from all the experts on here. I love city-data and find all the feedback to be sooo helpful!

My husband works from home and I am a fitness instructor making our relocation choice pretty flexible.

Here is what I'm looking for:
- 4 bedroom home in the 300k-400k range
- community with pool/fitness/community center would be nice, not necessary
- a nice family town (I have a 2 yr old and another on the way)
- good shopping with maybe an organic supermarket nearby
- a cool downtown area - shopping, restaurants - within 15 min
- culture & arts (within 45-60 min driving dist. to the nearest city)

I'd love any input. I'm all ears!

THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 08:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
You may like the Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens area. There's a Whole Foods supermarket in PBG. Good public schools, lots of families, low crime. TONS of great shopping in Gardens, West Palm Beach, and Palm Beach. Convenient to arts and downtown West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale a bit further down the road.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:55 AM

Thank you TriMT7. I will definitely check those places out

Old 02-22-2010, 08:59 AM

113 posts, read 245,176 times
Don't forget to check out the west coast of Florida, from Tampa down to Naples, there are several areas including Sarasota and Fort Meyers. The Gulf is not as spectacular as the Atlantic side, but a lot of people really love Naples.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:01 AM

vilmer laktow - Thank you! I'm looking into all the major areas and will not leave out the west coast. I've never been there and look forward to visiting at the end of this year

Old 02-23-2010, 07:46 AM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,497,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennkarma View Post
Hi Everyone. I'm ready to move out of the NJ cold and know that Florida is the place for me and my growing family. I'm already familiar with the Ft. Lauderdale & Miami area, but really don't know much about any of the other areas. Before making any decisions, we are taking trips to visit each of the main places (next week we are headed to JAX and St. Augustine), in the fall we'll head to the west coast, and then next year we'll check out the Orlando/Central region. But I'd LOVE to hear from all the experts on here. I love city-data and find all the feedback to be sooo helpful!

My husband works from home and I am a fitness instructor making our relocation choice pretty flexible.

Here is what I'm looking for:
- 4 bedroom home in the 300k-400k range
- community with pool/fitness/community center would be nice, not necessary
- a nice family town (I have a 2 yr old and another on the way)
- good shopping with maybe an organic supermarket nearby
- a cool downtown area - shopping, restaurants - within 15 min
- culture & arts (within 45-60 min driving dist. to the nearest city)

I'd love any input. I'm all ears!

THANK YOU!
Do you work from home or something?

Old 02-23-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Do you work from home or something?
My husband works from home and I am a fitness instructor so both of our careers allow for flexibility on where we will relocate.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:11 PM

475 posts, read 1,498,033 times
I have lived in Jupiter for about 30 years and have raised a family here. I would not hesitate to recommend the area to anyone.

You may want to look at the Abacoa area of Jupiter. Abacoa has a downtown area, is near I-95, Roger Dean Stadium has Spring Training Baseball. Jupiter has beautiful beaches, the childrens sports programs through Jupiter Tequesta Athletic Association are great. There are some great parks - fishing and an old historical lighthouse. Parents tend to be involved in the schools.

Palm Beach Gardens is about 10 minutes from Abacoa. The Gardens Mall is very nice - but has mainly upscale stores: Bloomies, Saks, etc. Whole Foods is in a center next to the mall - there is also a Publix in the center across from the mall that carries natural foods.

Jupiter is a 2 1/2 hour drive from Orlando - so it is an easy drive to take the kids to Disney, Seawold and various parks. Miami is about 2 hours south. Downtown West Palm Beach has the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts which get world class entertainment.

I have included some links for Abacoa, Jupiter, The Gardens Mall and The Kravis Center.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Abacoa, Jupiter, Florida | Smart Growth Illustrated | Smart Growth | US EPA

Town of Jupiter Home Page

The Gardens Mall | Home Page

Kravis Center for the Performing Arts | Official Website - Home

Old 02-25-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedsmit View Post
I have lived in Jupiter for about 30 years and have raised a family here. I would not hesitate to recommend the area to anyone.

You may want to look at the Abacoa area of Jupiter. Abacoa has a downtown area, is near I-95, Roger Dean Stadium has Spring Training Baseball. Jupiter has beautiful beaches, the childrens sports programs through Jupiter Tequesta Athletic Association are great. There are some great parks - fishing and an old historical lighthouse. Parents tend to be involved in the schools.

Palm Beach Gardens is about 10 minutes from Abacoa. The Gardens Mall is very nice - but has mainly upscale stores: Bloomies, Saks, etc. Whole Foods is in a center next to the mall - there is also a Publix in the center across from the mall that carries natural foods.

Jupiter is a 2 1/2 hour drive from Orlando - so it is an easy drive to take the kids to Disney, Seawold and various parks. Miami is about 2 hours south. Downtown West Palm Beach has the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts which get world class entertainment.

I have included some links for Abacoa, Jupiter, The Gardens Mall and The Kravis Center.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Abacoa, Jupiter, Florida | Smart Growth Illustrated | Smart Growth | US EPA

Town of Jupiter Home Page

The Gardens Mall | Home Page

Kravis Center for the Performing Arts | Official Website - Home
Thank you so much for the great input! I actually had some family friends move to Jupiter YEARS ago!!! I will look into it for sure!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:48 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
There's some nice gyms up there as well so finding a job in the fitness industry shouldn't be a problem.
We're moving to the Gardens in May, really looking forward to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach